This posting is not for a specific opening; we are building a database of qualified candidates for future opportunities. That being said, positions open up all the time, and this database will allow us to be more proactive in acting quickly on our search. If a position opens, we will use this database to begin our search. The officer application process provides opportunity to tell us the type of work and environment you would prefer. When a position opens up we will review those applicants in our database whose preferred type of work and abilities match the opening.
Job Description: QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be 18 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements
- Must have a high school diploma or GED, or at least 5 years of verifiable employment history.
- Ability to pass a criminal background, drug test and local state fingerprinting (where applicable)
Because operations positions in the company vary greatly, we encourage you to visit our employment site ( www.jobs.alliedbarton.com ) often to review specific requirements for new opportunities you have identified eg. Security Officers, Armed Security Officers, and Shift Supervisors. RESPONSIBILITIES
People in operations positions at AlliedBarton Security perform many tasks throughout their shifts; these tasks may include patrolling the facility on foot or in a vehicle, working at the entrance to the facility and answering phones, greeting guests and employees and monitoring closed circuit television systems, alarms and other very important facility systems. Here are a few responsibilities of the following positions: Security Officer, Shift Supervisor, and Armed Officer Security Officer:
- Answers questions and assists guests and employee
- Patrolling the facility on foot or in a vehicle
- Answer phones , monitor closed circuit television systems and alarms
- Assure that officers receive appropriate training, developing them in both technical and professional skills; also may include assisting manager in performance management-(coaching, counseling, disciplining, performance evaluations, and recognition
- Assure that employee grievances are heard with help from appropriate district or region HR support employees and account or Field Operations Manager.
- Assist with the communication of policies, company announcements and job openings through a consistently updated READ file at the site.
- Ability to employ firearms and less lethal weapons and tactics to protect yourself and others
- Demonstrated ability to safely and responsibly carry, store, and maintain firearms, less lethal weapons, and other assigned equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to gain and maintain appropriate state and local firearms permits and licenses.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in and pass firearms and less lethal weapons training and qualification courses without restrictions.
Closing: AlliedBarton is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran.
Requisition ID: 2016-72112
A little about us:
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities.