Serving the Walterboro community is not a job, it's a purpose." Teon Linder, Certified Nursing Assistant
Colleton Medical Center is proud to be the leader of healthcare services to Colleton and the surrounding counties. Our 135 bed facility is able to provide the most comprehensive care to improve the health of our community, and we have been serving the community for over half a century. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and offer a full-range of diagnostic, therapeutic, emergency and surgical services.
The Security Officer is responsible for assisting in assuring the overall security of all hospital property, including but not limited to, all real property, equipment and materials. He/she will assist in providing a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, physicians and employees while at CMC facilities. Incumbent will abide and enforce all state and local laws and ordinances.Qualifications: Licensure/Certification/Registration:
- Must have or become SLED registered.
- Must be Registered as a Security Officer through SLED within 90 days of employment.
- Must successfully attend and pass Crisis Prevention Intervention class within 90 days of employment.
- Must be able to complete required training for position including SLED and hospital classes.
- Police, military, corrections or security experience preferred.
- As defined by SLED rules and regulation, applicants must be 18 years of age for unarmed and 21 years of age for armed security officers.
- Possess good human relations and communications skills (both written and verbal).
- Must have a clear background record check and background check cleared as defined by SLED rules and regulations.
- Must have a valid driver's license.