Overview Essential Details: Job Description Essential Functions:
Security Officers are the cornerstone of AlliedBarton Security Services. Our officers allow us to accomplish our company's core purpose which is "to serve and secure the people and business of our community". They are responsible for the safety and security of the facilities they protect. Our security officers act as a visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions; they detect and report suspicious, unsafe or criminal acts at or near their assigned posts which may be a threat to the property, clients, guests or employees at the site. Although essential activities may differ based on the facility at which they work, below are some of the standards.
- Ensure the facility is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property.
- Report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing
- Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client employees and guests.
- Answer questions and assist guests and employees.
- Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations.
- Patrol the facility on foot or vehicle.
- Answer phones or greet guests / employees in a professional, welcoming manner.
- Monitor closed circuit television systems and alarms.
- Fully embrace security / safety training programs to enhance performance and ability to advance. These may be specific to the security industry or specific to the industry associated with the client you are assigned to secure.
- Be aware of and familiar with the site-specific operations performance manual and post orders.
- Take additional certification training (as required by some positions) to carry OC sprays, drive bicycles, operate Segways, etc.
- Previous contract security, military or law enforcement experience is beneficial (and sometimes required);
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment with the ability to work independently;
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements;
- Must have a high school diploma or GED, or at least 5 years of verifiable employment history;
- Must have at least one verifiable employer.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, for the purpose of public interaction and report writing;
- Strong interpersonal skills are important as most of our positions require regular interaction with the public;
- Successful completion of AlliedBarton's Master Security Officer Basic (Level 1) Course;
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard;
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently.
AlliedBarton Security Services is the industry's premier provider of security personnel to many industries including commercial real estate, higher education, healthcare, chemical/petrochemical, government, manufacturing and distribution, financial institutions, shopping centers and residential communities. More than 60,000 employees and 120 offices serve thousands of clients with levels of protection that anticipate needs and build enduring relationships. AlliedBarton is known as the most responsive security services provider and it is our people that differentiates AlliedBarton. Recognized as a training leader, AlliedBarton offers on-the-job, web-based and ongoing training programs for all personnel from security officers through executive level management. Our focus on learning and development and our leadership culture help our employees grow personally and professionally.
Dare to be GREAT! Be daring, be GREAT, be one of us! For additional information, please visit our website at http://jobs.alliedbarton.com/ .
AlliedBarton is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran. Requisition ID