This position is a senior level technical consulting position leading all phases of Security Information Event Management (SIEM) design and implementation. This position leads the delivery of consulting engagements. This position will not only lead the delivery of consulting teams, but also support pre-sales activities, including request for proposal responses and pre-sales consulting. Mentoring and training of other SIEM Consultants will be required.
While this position leads engagements focused on SIEM technologies, a broad knowledge of security technologies, processes and strategies is required. Knowledge of security incident management and security operations is also required. Experience with consulting processes such as assessments, gap analyses and recommendation writing is preferred.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with sales representatives throughout the sales cycle: opportunity identification, sales meetings, product demonstrations, proof of concept installations and scoping meetings.
- Provide assistance with proposals, statements of work, and provide peer review for others in the organization.
- Provide detailed solution documentation to include architecture diagrams and SIEM strategy and governance.
- Provide consulting services to clients including SIEM system architecture, design, implementation, system integration and troubleshooting to ensure successful solution delivery.
- Lead teams involved in requirements gathering, system definition and documentation.
- Provide strategic vision for the expansion of team service offerings.
- Assess customer needs and environments to provide repeatable and leading-practice solutions.
- Work in a mentoring capacity to enhance the skills of junior consultants.
Candidates must have the following:
- Working knowledge and understanding of routing principles and networking architecture, protocols and services.
- Ability to troubleshoot and configure network devices as well as an understanding of syslog and agent-based reporting.
- Ability to work at the system command line interface, conduct packet analysis in support of troubleshooting.
- Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week as needed.
- Ability to travel as needed by client demands.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Expertise in a Security Operations Center environment.
- Experience working with Managed Security Services clients.
- Ability to obtain a United States Security Clearance
- FireEye/Mandiant expertise and experience
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.