Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a motivated and self-driven student to join our global security team for summer 2017 as a security operations center analyst intern. You'll be responsible for helping monitor our security event telemetry.
This role is typically responsible for providing first tier support for troubleshooting calls, investigating anomalous system or network environment behavior, and addressing security concerns - as an intern, you'll be exposed to this and much more!Intern Guild Requirements
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 - 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 - August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 - September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Currently pursuing a degree (bachelor's, master's, or doctoral) in an information security related program and planning to return to school upon completion of the internship
- A solid foundation of general information technology knowledge and troubleshooting experience from an OS, application or networking perspective
- Knowledge of various security technologies and the roles they play within the enterprise such as firewalls, proxies, SIEM, endpoint protection, and network focused threat detection systems
- General understanding of the principles behind security monitoring, such as source ingestion, processing, correlation and alerting
- Exposure to event investigation and the security analyst's role in digging deep into the information at their disposal to find anomalies to resolve or escalate accordingly
- Desire to learn and grow, and help others do the same; seek out areas of improvement within existing processes and tools through collaboration with engineers
- Customer service focused with a positive attitude
Quest Items WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We're serious about this - due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
- Previous helpdesk / operations center experience
- Automation / tool development / scripting proficiency
- Data analytics and trend analysis experience; finesse for reporting
- Passion for video gaming, and most importantly safeguarding them
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.