As the security operations center (SOC) manager within the security operations group, you will direct the tier 1 information security monitoring and response program for Blizzard. This is team has global oversight and visibility of our tools, logging and alerting telemetry and is tasked with maintaining vigilance 24 / 7 / 365 to the same degree that SI:7 watches over Azeroth.
You will be responsible for staffing, mentoring, and providing training to SOC personnel to ensure they are equipped, focused and motivated in their responsibilities. Likewise, when the SOC needs enhancements to its suite of tools, you will partner with the engineering group to build and tune them accordingly.
Measurement is a key objective for this role, as we constantly strive to drive mean time to detect (MTTD) and mean time to resolve (MTTR) to ever decreasing metrics. Your experience in managing such a program and all of the operational techniques you have developed will be applied toward ensuring that the SOC is operating at optimal levels of efficiency.
This role will also be responsible for maintaining the partnership with non-security operations center groups, enhancing capabilities on both sides, and improving visibility to the operations of the company as a whole. You will also ensure that escalations sourcing from the SOC to any receiving group are clear, concise and actionable and ensure that the team assists toward resolution above and beyond their responsibilities. Lastly, as the SOC remains very close to and in touch with the employee community, you will also manage overarching security policy facets and serve as ambassador of awareness.Responsibilities
- Staff, mentor and train the SOC team with 24 / 7 / 365, global visibility and response missions at a tier 1 level for information security monitoring.
- Ensure that tools, documentation, procedures and runbooks are constantly tuned and maintained.
- Guide the SOC into a role whereby they can confidently increase their level of responsibility in the overall security operations; become the single point of contact for all security inquiries beyond just alerts.
- Continuously review and refine the incident investigation capabilities and challenge team members to break out of the tier 1 to more complex problem solving and resolution and reducing impact on other teams.
- Serve as a conduit for non-security operations center communications and information to feed into security operations, improving awareness of potential service impacting circumstances.
- Collaborate with the engineering group evolve the tools, improving detection and response efforts and the security program capabilities as a whole.
- Mentor SOC personnel by providing a solid foundation of information security expertise and assist in transitions to more specialized disciplines within the field as desired.
- Experience drafting and supporting security policies that strike the ultimate balance of security versus freedom in creative and engineering focused environments.
- A minimum of 7 years' experience in leading information security operations or investigations functions
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in in overall information security program management or a senior technical role with an emphasis on building security architectures and tools for operations groups
- Experience managing a shift based, global operational team with an eye toward ensuring that quality of life is maintained in demanding environments
- Deep understanding of measurement and the key performance indicators for successful operations center environments
- Outstanding communication capabilities, written and oral, with an emphasis on prompt, transparent and appropriate targeting for incident related notifications
- Appetite for awesome; you are energized by empowering your team to accomplish amazing feats and continuously strive for improvement
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent professional experience
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.