Security Operations Center (SOC) Manger
We are actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Technology Professionals with deep technical expertise in networking and network security to join our team! This is an opportunity to build/lead a high performance team responsible for strategy/roadmap development; design/build/maintain a complex, large scale network/network security environment; hone the performance of the environment; and foster the use of expert level troubleshooting skills by the team. Our network and network security environments play a major role in protecting our company, so ensuring optimal performance of the environment is critical. You will collaborate and innovate with smart and passionate people within Capital One to push the envelope (when necessary) to deliver results that have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line, and will manage a team of dynamic and talented networking/network security professionals who want to learn from your experience and skills.
On any given day you will:
Direct a team of security professionals providing T2 operational support:
- Lead enterprise support strategy development and assist with lifecycle management efforts for owned platforms/technologies inclusive of Load-Balancing, Firewall, Cyber Defense and Proxy services
- Own support relationships with technology vendors
- Tenaciously manage platform environment to ensure it is operating at optimal levels through proactive monitoring/tuning
- Drive major incident/problem resolution, consulting with other technology support groups as needed including Operational Advance Support and Engineering Teams as part of problem resolution efforts
- Assist with the implementation of new platforms, code versions, and features to meet lifecycle management and business requirements
- Assess security vulnerabilities, identify mitigation plans and successfully implement them
- Consult on the creation and/or maintenance of standards documentation, operational design documentation/templates/topology diagrams and workflow documents
- Participate in technology integration efforts with engineering and other support teams
Serve as mentor and technical resource for team; provide training to associates through one-on-one or group technical discussions.
Provide direct support of audit and ad hoc consulting engagements; ensure compliance with departmental and enterprise security configuration standards.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Experience building and maintaining a strong, high performance team of specialists.
- Understanding of strategic business objectives and the ability to drive results toward those objectives.
- Strong knowledge of incident management, problem management, and change management best-practices.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills with high degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a geographically dispersed integrated team.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, frequently changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Expert level knowledge of how to use network management tools and packet captures to resolve operational issues
- A high level understanding of multi-tiered application traffic flow, server load balancing, global load balancing, and firewalls
- Familiarity with ITIL, Agile (Kanban) project delivery, industry standard network management tools, and common application traffic flow patterns in multi-tiered applications
- A solid understanding of what comprises a scalable, robust, supportable design
- Calmness and clarity of thought under pressure
- High levels of integrity in the conduct of personal and professional affairs
- A bias toward action, along with an internal drive for continuous improvement
- A passion for teamwork
Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communications skills to:
- discuss complex technical issues with technicians, engineers, and vendors
- assemble and clearly present technical information in a business-like manner to non-technical personnel
- lead and facilitate communications with people in immediate department, other departments, and external third parties
- inform and influence senior leaders and peers
This position is an operational role. As such, periodic late night work and participation in a management on-call rotation will be required. At times the late night work may come with minimal advance notice.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 4 years’ professional experience in an operational role or 4 years’ professional experience in a technical leadership role supporting an enterprise network infrastructure that is geographically distributed.
- At least 6 years’ experience with Checkpoint or 6 years’ experience with Palo Alto Firewalls
– Demonstrated working knowledge of proxy and load-balancing technologies preferably exposure to F5 / Blue Coat platforms
- At least 1 year experience in Cloud-based distributed denial of service DDoS mitigation
- Master’s degree in Information Technology or Information Security
- 6 years’ professional experience in an operational role or 6 years’ professional experience in a technical leadership role supporting an enterprise network infrastructure that is geographically distributed.
- 10 years’ experience with Checkpoint or 10 years’ experience with Palo Alto Firewalls
- 4 years’ experience with demonstrated technical proficiency in Infoblox DNS/DHCP, BIND, Microsoft DNS or 4 years’ experience with demonstrated technical proficiency in Blue Coat Proxy servers or 4 years’ experience with demonstrated technical proficiency in Aruba wireless access points, controllers, and Clearpass or 4 years’ experience with demonstrated technical proficiency in Cisco routing and switching
- 2 years’ experience Cloud-based distributed denial of service DDoS mitigation
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.