IT Security Analyst Oracle Global Business Unit (GBU) Security Operations Center Position Description
Oracle GBU Security operations is seeking a Security Operations Center (SOC) - Tier I Security Analyst
who provides dedicated "eyes on glass" monitoring and analysis capability for SOC operations. The SOC Analyst will conduct analysis of security events to include validation, escalation and reporting of events of interest based on the guidelines and event handlers provided to them. The SOC Analyst will be responsible for the all such events of interest and will make sure they are continuously monitored and reviewed. Key Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and analysis of cyber security events
- Services monitored will include, but are not limited to SIEM, IDS/IPS, Firewall, Web Application Firewalls, Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Security Event Correlation and Reporting to appropriate Tier 2 Security Analyst or Incident Response staff or relevant sources to determine increased risk to the business
- Recognize potential; successful; and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
- Working with the Incident Response team to help create RCA's for events escalated to incident levels
- Development and execution of Standard Operating Procedures, Event Handlers and Job Aids required for successful task completion
Desirable certifications include:
- Security Operations Center (SOC) environment experience with at least 3 years of IT to include 1 years of related SOC and incident monitoring experience a MUST
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and 3 years of experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics or related field
- Experience with SIEM, IDS/IPS, Firewall, Web Application Firewalls, Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and Security Event Correlation
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with technical writing
- Possess an understanding of security standards and risk management
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess the ability to adjust and adapt to changing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Be able to multi-task and be pro-active in addressing issues and requests
- Possess technical acumen and the ability to understand and interpret technical specifications
SANS GIAC GCED; GCIH; GCFA; GREM; GIAC GOLD. ISC CCFP; CSIH. EC Council ECSA; CHFI; ECIH
Approx. 10-20% travel within the United States and Canada may be required to successfully fill this role.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable). Oracle supports workforce diversity and is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualifications:
Assists in executing security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing e-commerce programs.
Assists in researching attempted efforts to compromise security protocols.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. Key skills and abilities include coaching, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, process development, analysis, and problem solving. Ability to travel as necessary. Preferred 2 years relevant experience and BA/BS degree.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.