Oracle GBU Security operations is seeking a Supervisor for their 24x7x365 Security Operations Center (SOC). This role is to supervise a local team of Tier-I Security Analyst who provides dedicated "eyes on glass" monitoring and analysis capability for SOC operations. The SOC Supervisor will be responsible for the day to day functioning of the SOC including development of documentation such as operating procedures, event handlers, notification and escalation procedures, shift management, collection and reporting of metrics Key Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the local Tier 1 Security Operations staff
- Manage shifts for the Tier 1 staff including managing weekend coverage and availability
- Development and execution of Standard Operating Procedures and Event Handlers as required for successful completion of all tasks within the SOC
- Ensure compliance to Internal SLA's , adherence to processes and improvisation to achieve operational objectives
- Create reports and dashboard to provide metrics for SOC operations in a meaningful way for Sr. Management
- Monitoring and analysis of cyber security events
- Services monitored will include, but are not limited to SIEM, IDS/IPS, Firewall, Web Application Firewalls, Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Security Event Correlation and Reporting to appropriate Tier 2 Security Analyst or Incident Response staff or relevant sources to determine increased risk to the business
- Recognize potential; successful; and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
- Working with the Incident Response team to help create RCA's for events escalated to incident levels
Desirable certifications include:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and 8 years of experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics or related field
- 3 Years of Demonstrated management and leadership experience in a 24x7x365 SOC or NOC
- Experience with SIEM, IDS/IPS, Firewall, Web Application Firewalls, Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and Security Event Correlation
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with technical writing
- Possess an understanding of security standards and risk management
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess the ability to adjust and adapt to changing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Be able to multi-task and be pro-active in addressing issues and requests
- Possess technical acumen and the ability to understand and interpret technical specifications
SANS GIAC GCED; GCIH; GCFA; GREM; GIAC GOLD. ISC CCFP; CSIH. EC Council ECSA; CHFI; ECIH Travel Component:
Position Location: Columbia,MD only.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Oracle supports workforce diversity and is an equal employment opportunity employer.Qualifications:
Work with a world class team to develop, implement, and support cutting edge Oracle technology.
Manages a team maintaining and/or implementing software project(s) and/or internal systems. Defines, documents and manages scope, expectations, implementation approach, deliverables and acceptance testing criteria.
Leads a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. Demonstrated leadership skills. Detailed knowledge of several applications within a business area needed. BA/BS degree and relevant experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.