Allied Universal, a leading facility services company and the largest security force in North America with over 150,000 employees, provides unparalleled security services and solutions. With headquarters in Santa Ana, Calif., and Conshohocken, Pa., Allied Universal combines people and technology to deliver evolving, tailored solutions that allow our clients to focus on their core business. An unrelenting focus on clients' success creates partnerships rooted in quality and value, and is supported by experience gained from being in business for over 50 years. Through our people and leading services, systems and solutions...Allied Universal is there for you. Job Description
Allied Universal is currently hiring an Operations Manager that is responsible for staffing, scheduling and processing payroll for all Security Professionals within assigned client sites in the Division or Branch for which the Operations Manager is responsible. Maintains regular communications with Security Professionals, resolving issues regarding pay, morale or complaints. Manages overtime by effective scheduling and making timely, qualified hiring decisions. Takes prompt action to when complaints are received regarding employee performance or conduct, administers disciplinary and coaching actions, and initiates and executes routine termination actions. Additional responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Interviews and hires qualified applicants to fill open post positions in a proactive and timely manner, following company interviewing guidelines. Also regularly evaluates low-performing employees for replacement, upgrade or transfer;
- Makes initial/conditional job offers (for new employees) and job transfers (for existing employees) using company forms and procedures, offering rates, schedules and benefits in alignment with post contract requirements. Maintains and publishes weekly Open Post List and actively manages job openings within division/branch;
- Creates, modifies and manages post schedules in Winteam to ensure adequate coverage at all times. Ensures schedules are properly maintained in WinTeam and are updated regularly;
- Ensures all positions are staffed according to contract requirements and effectively manages branch overtime through proper scheduling and staffing. Maintains a qualified, sufficient pool of rovers for backfill of vacant positions as needed;
- Receives weekly timesheets and updates Winteam schedules as necessary (verify such for self-scheduling accounts). Runs bi-weekly payroll according to company procedures. Ensures records are properly maintained and updated to reduce payroll errors. Resolves payroll discrepancies in a timely and efficient manner, and communicate status of such to affected employees, to minimize financial exposure for Company;
- Follows all company policies regarding timekeeping procedures, meal and rest period breaks (where applicable), ensuring signatures and acknowledgements are properly documented (where applicable), and conducting weekly audits of timekeeping records to ensure accuracy;
- Processes requests for final paychecks, anniversary bonuses and other pay related issues, and execute the distribution of such pay. Acts as a Company representative in such matters as unemployment hearings, workers' compensation hearings/depositions, union meetings (where applicable), state agency activities, depositions, and other related liability matters;
- Conducts disciplinary and counseling sessions with Security Professionals as needed in a proactive and professional manner. Ensures all such issues are documented according to company standards, and that all issues receive proper follow up for resolution;
- Initiates termination procedures as needed for voluntary and involuntary separations. Executes termination meetings as necessary and complete all follow up documentation according to company standards;
- Maintains regular proactive contact with Security Professionals to ensure all staff is being effectively utilized, properly trained, and ready for placement as needed. Reviews "No Hours Report" with branch Human Resource staff on a weekly basis, and disposition employees who are on "active" status with no hours, in accordance with company policies, ensuring no employees remain on "no hours" status beyond 3 weeks;
- Maintains high employee morale and low employee turnover through effective and proactive communications and timely problem resolution. Ensures all hiring, counseling, disciplinary and termination procedures are executed in a consistent manner;
- Ensures a smooth running operation by enforcing post specific policies and procedures through proper communication and training. May utilize field training staff to assist in executing post-specific training
- Maintains a well-organized, clean and effective working area, and ensure all daily, weekly and bi-weekly deadlines are consistently met. Prepares and runs all required reports as directed by managers, reviews such reports in a timely manner with management team, and takes appropriate action as necessary to address any report discrepancies or operational issues
- Performs additional projects or tasks as may be directed by managers.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required. Prior security industry and/or military experience preferred. College degree or coursework desirable;
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of professional-level experience required, managing non-exempt employees in a fast-paced, service organization. Prior experience in the security industry, law enforcement, military and/or customer service highly desired. Experience in scheduling, operations and/or employee management in a service-related industry a significant plus;
- Must be able to secure a valid Guard License if required by the state in which you are applying. As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a behavioral assessment, all new-hire paperwork, a background/reference evaluation, and a post-offer/pre-employment drug and alcohol test;
- May require a current state driver's license and have the ability to safely operate a vehicle; may be required to drive to client sites to address scheduling or employee issues on an as needed basis and must provide own reliable transportation for such;
- Ability to write effective and concise reports and document investigations and counseling sessions. Must be able to effectively communicate coaching, counseling and disciplinary actions, as well as termination meetings in a professional manner in accordance with company standards;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office software mandatory. Ability to learn and efficiently operate various timekeeping and payroll programs, such as Winteam, eHub, and CyCop;
- Demonstrated ability to be very customer service oriented, with the ability to successfully interact with all levels in the organization, including with Security Professionals, Vice Presidents and clients in a courteous and professional manner, while functioning as a team player. Must demonstrate an effective ability to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unpleasant;
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines. Must demonstrate a high level of integrity, and apply rules, policies and employment actions in a consistent, fair and equitable manner in all situations;
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Must be able to read, write and speak English in a clear, concise manner.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. With over 140,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com .
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. *CB-SE *SAJ EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Requisition ID
A little about us:
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities.