Does protecting over 1 billion customers and making the cyber world a better place sound exciting? Do you have what it takes to be part of the top security response team in the world? Do you want to innovate and improve relations with the global security research community? This may be the opportunity for you.
The Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) seeks motivated, experienced security professionals to join our team. As the company accelerates our transformation in a mobile-first, cloud-first world, there has never been a more exciting time to be part of the MSRC. We strive to always serve our customers at the highest level while being constantly agile, and adopting the challenger mentality that will transform Microsoft.
The successful candidate will champion and drive the development of metrics, tools, and the tracking and coordination mechanisms to be used across all the workloads that comprise the 'Update Tuesday' security update release. We are looking for a talented Program Manager that has the intellectual horse power and experience to solve ambiguous problems and coordination challenges independently and with executive maturity. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for coordinating and communicating the centralized aspects of the Security Update Tuesday release; will interact across multiple divisions of the company; and, understand and communicate both internal and external requirements and information efficiently and effectively to ensure a high-quality release program.
The role will focus on the growth and management of cloud services from a security perspective, and will require strong communication skills, program management expertise, project management experience and executive maturity. Attention to detail is crucial and experience with technical or process auditing experience is highly preferred. Candidates must be able to work extremely well in tight deadline driven cross-group situations in order to develop solutions and communicate common results.
• A customer-obsessed attitude
• Passion for delivering on-time with high quality
• Ability to drive process and deadlines without burning bridges or losing cross team buy in and cohesion
• Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations and respond favorably to change
• Motivated to achieve cross-team objectives across teams and organizations
• Experience in technical program or project management, customer-driven, with good time management and organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Good technical background, exceptional problem solving and analytics skills
• Experience authoring or managing content for security or technology professionals is desired
• Familiarity with security concepts preferred
• Knowledge of the Security Development Lifecycle preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.