Overview Join Allied Universal Security Team at The World's Famous Social Network in Menlo Park, CA!
We are looking to hire Security Shift Leads, $25/hour, Day, Swing & Grave Shift. Schedule may include weekends. AMAZING BENEFITS INCLUDES:
- Competitive wages
- FREE food
- FREE gym membership
- Weekly uniform allowance
- Paid training (development, growth/ promotional opportunities)
- Health benefits
- Accelerated vacation accrual
- Overtime available at events
- New Child Benefit
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. Allied Universal, North America's leading security services provider, is experiencing tremendous growth. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401K, an anniversary bonus, and an on-the-spot recognition program. We promote from within our company!You can start with little, to no, security experience and become one of Allied Universal's many success stories.
Apply to join the LARGEST SECURITY COMPANY in the United States! Job Description
Assist in supervision and coordination of the delivery of quality services on a specific shift at an assigned customer. Act as a liaison between shift supervisor and security officers. Lead staff on assigned shift, providing coaching, recognition and discipline within approved empowerment range.
Responsible for leading day-to-day uniformed security services at their location. Including oversight of policies and procedures implementation, and maintaining current and updated procedures and record keeping in support of the shift supervisor. The shift lead must provide advance notice of all intended absences from the site, including of minimum of two weeks' notice prior to taking vacation. Key Responsibilities:
Assist in supervision of day-do-day operations of assigned shift at the site. Depth and range of the following may depend on the size of the shift and site.
- Assure that officers receive appropriate training, developing them in both technical and professional skills; also may include assisting manager in performance management (coaching, counseling, disciplining, performance evaluations, recognition, etc.)
- Assure that employee grievances are heard with help from appropriate support employees and Account or Operations Manager.
- Assist with the communication of policies, company announcements and job openings through a consistently updated READ file at the site.
- Provide the basis of a great place to work by treating staff with respect.
Enforcement of Contract Standards
- Help staff identify, meet and exceed the needs of the customer.
- Meet all contractual scheduled hours with a minimum of unbilled overtime.
- Assist in the coordination and/or conduct site-specific OJT, client specific training and annual refresher training for security personnel.
Additional Responsibilities and Skills:
- Administer JSA's and safety programs outlining site-specific hazards for security officers on assigned shift including vehicle / driving safety as appropriate to Corporate procedures
- Enforce Allied Universal policies as outlined in the handbooks and executive memos.
- Ability to perform inspections and control of other uniformed security staff and ensure that the requirements are performed in a professional manner.
- This person must possess a high degree of sufficiency managing complex human resource issues.
- Problem solving abilities with highest adherence to ethics
- Must have the ability to work responsively and cooperatively with Facebook Security and Safety Management
- Deal positively with rapid change
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of security and risk management practices
- Ability to work under limited supervisor and make independent decisions
- Have command presence as an effective leader
- Keen Prioritization
- Build positive relationships with staff and recognize successes
- Exemplify humility, lead by example
- Willing to accept feedback to improve/enhance performance
Education Required: HS Diploma X Associates Degree___ BS/BA____
Is experience in a specific field or market required? Yes
- Candidate shall have a minimum of 12 months experience as a shift lead/supervisor or a similar level position of responsible charge, plus a total of 12 months experience in security or other related field.
- Previous experience leading teams in a fast paced service environment
- Computer literate (MS Office, e-mail, internet, etc.)
- General knowledge of electronic access control systems, CCTV, and alarm systems
- The chosen candidate shall possess superior verbal and written skills
- Problem identification and solving skills
- Ability to make good decisions (judgment and common sense)
- Financial / mathematical aptitude
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and to work evenings, weekends and holidays as requested
- Reliable transportation to get to work site
- Well motivated, able to work well both independently and as part of a team
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. With over 140,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: 866.825.5433 or www.AUS.com .
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Requisition ID
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities.