The Windows and Devices Security Assurance team is one of the teams responsible for securing the Windows client and server operating systems, used by billions of customers every day, along with Microsoft devices such as Xbox, HoloLens and Surface. This team performs security design reviews, code reviews, and penetration testing on key Windows features and devices to make sure they meet the highest possible security standards. Areas covered by this team include, but are not limited to, Hyper-V, Edge Browser, the Windows kernel and firmware security.
We are seeking a world-class security engineer/penetration tester to join our rapidly growing team. The ideal candidate will have solid experience with native code (C/C++) penetration testing (code audit, writing fuzzing, finding creative ways to break assumptions), a clear understanding of OS security fundamentals, solid computer science skills, and really care about keeping Microsoft customers safe.
● 2+ years of software development experience.
● Experience with operating system security, including vulnerability discovery
● Be able to find security vulnerabilities in a wide variety of key OS features, such as virtualization, browser, sandbox and Microsoft devices (Xbox, HoloLens, Surface, etc.)
● Lead and participate in security reviews to identify and mitigate risk in Windows and Microsoft devices, including design review, code reviews and penetration testing
● Be the primary security contact for teams building new innovative products and technologies in the next version of Windows and Devices
● Excellent cross group and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate the business need for security
● Strong software development skills in C and C++
The following additional experiences are favorable, but not requirements:
● Public track record of relevant security research, especially around vulnerability discovery
● Experience exploiting bugs and bypassing security mitigations in Operating Systems
● Familiarity with Microsoft Windows architecture
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.