Additional Location(s) or Information: This position is available to Bachelor's and Master's level Students. Positions are located East Coast, West Coast and Central US. Not all positions offer sponsorship or are available at all locations. Relocation is available for some locations and or positions.
Job Category: Services
Level of Experience: Intern
Requisition #: S1014741
What You'll Do
• Define and assist in small-scale projects to improve operational efforts
• Assist in daily monitoring of the intrusion protection and detection (IPS/IDS) and log analysis systems, working with the security team and service desk to address security issues
• Provide feedback on the IDS/IPS and log analysis systems to assist in tuning the systems for better detection and reporting rates
• Assist in analyzing potential security events detected in network environments and either resolve or escalate the event as appropriate
• Provide feedback into the Threat Defense platform and processes in order to increase the detection fidelity and accuracy of the Threat Defense solution
• Work with security incident investigators to do deeper analysis of detected events
Who You'll Work With
Let's change the world together. Work directly with our customers and gain hands on experience and exposure into their networks. Be immersed in a small close knit group of cohorts, to collaborate on a variety of projects that have a real impact. You'll learn from industry experts. We value your ideas, perspective on how to get things done. Work on network infrastructures. Deliver business solutions and technology solutions from data, security, mobility, and the cloud."
Who You Are
• Currently pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering (or equivalent) with software development skill set or interest in information security
• Knowledge of IT systems, TCP/IP protocols, network devices and applications, or code development
• Experience or a desire for experience in information security
• Excellent written and verbal skills
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
#univservsecjobs #Services #Security #ComputerScience @ciscocareers @ciscouniversity
Job Type: Intern/Co-Op
Opportunity Category: Internet of Everything
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.