The Security Specialist ensures the protection of RSM systems and data from both internal and external threats by helping to develop, implement, test, and manage secure IT controls and processes to help ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of RSM systems and electronic assets.
- Assists with systems administration and security analysis for systems managed by the team.
- Reviews release notes to determine appropriate upgrades and enhancements to these systems.
- Participates in the vulnerability and patch management process.
- Assists in the generation of weekly and monthly security metrics.
- Assists with the research, testing and development of new security solutions and strategies.
- Helps to build and maintain internal team processes.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in a corporate IT environment required
- 1 to 3 years’ experience providing IT technical support required
- Familiarity with industry best practices for Security and Data Protection required
- Understands networking, routing and LAN/WAN technologies required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office, and various other corporate software required
- Familiarity with basic network security threats, vulnerabilities, and countermeasures required
- Certifications: Security+, Network+, CCNA, CISSP
- Affiliations: SANS, CERT, DRI, ISC2
- Proven track record of problem solving success preferred
- Looks at the big picture when planning and implementing processes preferred
- Antivirus knowledge preferred
A little about us:
The leading provider of audit, tax & consulting services focused on the middle market.