What you’ll be doing...
Verizon's first Center of Excellence. The Verizon Location Center of Excellence (COE) will be made up of a significant number of dedicated resources and will provide a premier data as a service location platform across Verizon, focusing on observing location from multiple sources and provisioning out to the firm. The COE pillars will include data architecture, data rights management, mobile observation and the build out of central repository for location signal data. These teams will work in unison to drive spatial-based use cases within Verizon.
The Security Engineer role is critical to the Verizon Location Center of Excellence (COE). As our Security Engineer, you will maintain our vision, strategy and program to ensure that LCOE’s physical and digital information assets and technologies, and in turn our end-user customers, are protected. Working with business leadership, Operations and Systems teams and the VZ Information Security community, this role will proactively and in a very hands-on manner work with business units to implement best practices, design and develop products and deliver services that meet defined policies and standards for information security. You will serve as process owner for all assurance activities related to the availability, integrity and confidentiality of customer, business partner, employee and business information in compliance with LCOE’s information security policies. You will establish appropriate standards and controls, indirectly manage security technologies and direct the establishment and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Lead, define and implement a comprehensive risk-based strategy and program to manage digital and information assets; continuously review and set/update policies to support the program.
- Develop, present and manage a diversified risk portfolio that identifies and quantifies key risks, measuring them quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Communicate to key stakeholders and business leadership the prioritization, modeling and pricing of risk along with mitigation solutions.
- Establish and lead organizational development toward a mature risk management culture.
- Participate in key Operations and Systems operating routines to implement and drive information security risk strategy.
- Coordinate with the Verizon Security to establish information security policies, standards and guidelines for sharing information on internal or external platforms, the product delivery process and the delivery of cloud-based and other services to customers. Oversees the approval, training, and dissemination of security policies and practices, as well as information security awareness and training programs for all employees, contractors and approved system users.
- Work with the Operations and Systems team to ensure all MapQuest COE applications and systems are developed and maintained according to the secure SDLC guidelines including architecture analysis, code reviews and penetration testing.
- Work with business colleagues to review RFPs, RFIs etc., and provide security and risk-related input into proposals.
- Plan responses and execute to manage security incidents and events to protect corporate IT assets, including intellectual property, regulated data and the company's reputation.
- Monitor the external threat environment and information security trends internal and keeps business leadership informed about information security-related issues and activities potentially affecting the organization.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- CISSP certified.
- Experience in cyber security program management.
- Experience in cyber security architecture and engineering.
- Knowledge of CPI-810.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering/ MBA.
- Two or more years of experience with cloud security design and engineering.
- Knowledge of AWS architecture and security measures.
- Knowledge of Verizon and AWS contract requirements and specifications.
- Knowledge of data security requirements and protection measures (e.g., encryption).
- Knowledge of Verizon networking architecture and cloud interfaces.
- Knowledge of Cloud-unique security risks.
- One or more years of experience with obtaining system security certifications/approvals within Verizon.
- Familiarity with I&AM processes and technologies.
- Familiarity with security event logging, retention and analysis.
- Knowledge of code/API security vulnerabilities and remediation measures.
- Knowledge of Verizon, regulator, privacy and international data protection rules.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, excellent influencing and problem resolution skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.