Job Description: Position Summary:
Under limited supervision, the security systems specialist contributes to the safety and security of Synopsys' world-wide facilities by monitoring, administering and troubleshooting access control systems, fire alarm systems, CCTV systems, and other security systems while enforcing Synopsys' safety and security rules and regulations. Limited on-call and travel to support operations and attend training is required. This position will manage System Technician and other technical positions as directed. This position will reside at the Synopsys campus in Mountain View, CA. Duties:
Job Qualifications: Qualifications:
- Create long term strategic plans for security systems and programs that allow Synopsys to be a leader in security technology.
- Proposes and implements system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the systems.
- Establishes policies, procedures, standards, guidelines and process maps to maintain compliance, train personnel and document system operations.
- Installs, maintains and upgrades internal computer hardware and software systems in support of Synopsys' world-wide security needs.
- Controls user access and passwords to security systems.
- Monitors usage and performance of systems and ensures compliances with established standards.
- Provides security systems support to facilities project teams for office construction and moves to include system design, vendor coordination and final testing.
- Trains internal security personnel and Synopsys' employees on system use.
- Troubleshoots excessive alarms and coordinates repairs with vendors as needed.
- Provides support to internal customers worldwide which required flexibility in work schedule.
- Provide security support during emergency and non emergency situations.
- Coordinate service requests and maintenance with system vendors, ensure prompt action is taken, and follow up on all pending issues.
- Selects system integrators and vendors and maintains working relationship with established partners and service providers.
- Acts of liaison between Global Security Manager and local personnel in all areas of security such as investigations, safety, auditing and any other duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years security/IT related work experience, +3 years providing systems administration and design support for Software House CCure Access Control Systems, DvTel Digital Recording Systems, and Identity Management systems
- BS Degree preferred
- CISSP required, Cisco and MS Certifications or other related certifications preferred
- Knowledge of network operations and infrastructure
- Indepth knowledge Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (Server, client, AD)
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Above average computer and keyboard knowledge and ability to learn new programs
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to handle emergency situations
- Ability to read and understand floor plans, diagrams, and system schematics
- Ability to understand basic operations of low voltage alarm, CCTV, and other security systems
- Excellent customer service skills and professional demeanor
- Microsoft Office, Project, Visio and Autocad experience a plus
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.