At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
- Demonstrates mastery of skills and extensive subject matter knowledge in carrying out assignments associated with the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of standard and plant specific nuclear security training programs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Supports station and personnel performance improvement through the use of training. Develops, schedules, coordinates, and conducts performance-based security training programs in accordance with Exelon department procedures, the site physical security plan, and the applicable federal, state and local regulatory requirement.
- Assures the training programs are maintained current and incorporate information gained from operating experience, plant procedure changes and revisions, new regulations, and training effectiveness reports.
- Prepares trainee examination and conducts trainee evaluations for classroom, OJT and conducts counseling sessions for trainees, evaluates the results, and recommends/develops individualized training programs.
- Support station and fleet in the areas of business initiatives, project management, refuel outage support, EP duties, and special projects.
Participates in NRC, NEI, and management audits, and prepares responses to audit findings
- Maintains knowledge of plant security operations, disciplinary skills and techniques, commensurate with the responsibility to develop and conduct effective, high quality training.
- Supervises the collection and maintenance of auditable training records and reports required to document training program activities.
- High School Diploma with four (4) years directly applicable security, law enforcement, or military range instruction experience
- Associate Degree with three (3) years directly applicable security, law enforcement, or military range instruction experience
- Four (4) years Nuclear Training experience with NRA weapons instructor certification OR
Military range instructor certifications AND Must complete NRA certification within six (6) months of assignment
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Associate's degree
- Previous experience in delivering nuclear security training
- Knowledge of and experience with the systematic approach to training (SAT)
-5+ years of NRA law enforcement officer instructor qualifications or equivalent
- Competent with Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint and Word
- Responsible for course/program activities for site security personnel training and qualifications. Provides direction to trainees, subject matter experts, security personnel and vendors/contractors. Provides project leadership as assigned. Provides functional supervision in training environments in accordance with classroom management standards.
- Develop, revise and / or implement site specific and fleet standard training for security officers and supervisors to support initial and continuing training and qualifications requirements as required to support the physical security plan and the applicable regulations and requirements. This also includes developing, revising and implementing examinations (written and performance), and gathering and interpreting learner feedback, and making changes to training programs, both site specific and fleet training programs. Maintain training records in a continuously auditable state. Ensure training and qualification documentation is processed in a timely manner. Supports training needs at other sites as necessary.
- Assists tabletop drills, timeline drills and limited scope drills as directed by security training manager.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster