* Monitor, detect, analyze, investigate, report, and track security-related "events" such as signs of intrusion, compromise, misuse, and compliance
* Utilize provided sensors, systems, tools to monitor networks and systems for signs of intrusion, compromise, misuse, and non-compliance
* Proactively monitor and track down anomalies, non-compliant systems, and other observed events that are detrimental to the overall security posture of the IT infrastructure
* Support detection of vulnerabilities and sophisticated and nuanced attacks, discern and remove false positives, and analyze the information generated by systems
* Support scanning of devices on the network for network and system vulnerabilities
* Support daily analysis of security logs to detect incidents
* Support generation of metrics and reporting on a regular basis
* Performing additional tasks or duties as assigned.
* Perform analysis of log files from a variety of sources within the Network Enclave (NE) or enclave, to include individual host logs, network traffic logs / packet captures, firewall logs, and intrusion detection system logs at least daily
* Characterize and analyze network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network resources
* Assist in the construction of signatures which can be implemented on CND network tools in response to new or observed threats within the NE or enclave
* Monitor appropriate security bulletins and report any security issues that may impact the IDS to the Computer Network Defense Service Provider (CNDSP) Manager, CNDSP Incident Responders, DeCA CIRT Lead, other CNDSP related personnel and DeCA Information Assurance personnel IDS logs, databases, and security incident response reports are to be prepared and maintained
* Receive and analyze network alerts from various sources within the NE or enclave and determine possible causes of such alerts
* Review and respond to events identified in the Host-Based Security System (HBSS)
* Coordinate with enclave CND staff to validate network alerts
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.