Seed Agronomist North Eastern Nebraska
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Seed Agronomists
for Asgrow/DEKALB located North Eastern Nebraska
. You'll be successful as a Seed Agronomist by working closely with the area business manager, district sales managers, and retail partners to achieve business goals and long-term growth within your assigned counties.
As a leading agricultural technology company, we'll give you the opportunity to contribute to corn and soybean sales growth by working jointly with the dealer's sales representative/agronomist to develop a working relationship with 30-40 large growers (greater than 2500 acres of corn and soybeans) in the assigned geography. Sales growth will come from influencing our farmer customers to purchase our products by providing professional product positioning and support, agronomic advice, management recommendations, and agronomy services that represent real value to farmers. This position reports to an area business manager and is a member of an area sales team consisting of 6-9 district sales managers and 3-4 seed agronomists.
Improving agriculture and improving lives, when we look at the challenges of feeding, fueling and clothing a growing planet, we don't see one answer. We see hundreds of possibilities.
Working here, you'll find a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to do extraordinary things.
We have always embraced innovation and a focus on helping to make a better world. You can see it in our groundbreaking products and in our dynamic environment where your skills and your career can grow and develop. We know that every day new ideas can come from anyone, anywhere. You'll be respected here, contribute to the bottom line and help farmers feed the world.Specific Position Responsibilities:
- Works with our retail partners and DSMs to build a plan that identifies 30-40 large growers with greater than 2,500 acres of corn and soybeans.
- Works jointly with our retail partner's sales representatives/agronomists to establish a coordinated effort to serve large growers and increase our sales towards this grower segment
- Builds relationships with large growers by providing product selection and placement recommendations, along with agronomic support and advice
- Applies precision agriculture technologies to production or management activities, such as product positioning, variable rate seeding, crop monitoring, yield mapping, or variable-rate irrigation
- Manages and develops relationships with consultants and other agricultural professionals that are influential with large growers
- Works cooperatively with the dealer's sales representatives/agronomists to manage selling activities with large growers, which include:
- Developing a plan by grower to achieve sales growth targets
- Building and maintaining a long term relationship with large growers
- Developing a solution based cropping system that maximize profitability for the grower utilizing Monsanto germplasm, biotechnology, seed treatments, and crop protection products.
- Working with the grower's choice of dealer to facilitate placement of seed orders
- Managing the trial experience and National Corn Grower Association entries
- Making specific recommendations for Asgrow/DEKALB products by field
- Placing advanced product trials and providing unique precision agriculture services
- Servicing the grower account in coordination with the dealer's sales representative/agronomists
- Managing product performance inquiries
- Maintains a thorough technical knowledge of products and effectively communicates the value of Asgrow/DEKALB products
- Ability to speak to company practices as it relates to current/future products, pricing and other corporate initiatives with dealers and growers
- Excellent communication and conflict management skills
- Agility in communication approach to effectively interact with organizations or individuals, while balancing and building the dynamics of each relationship
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple growers who compete with each other in the market
- Ability to ask questions effectively to growers around business operations to understand needs and concerns, and then create solutions
- Connect internally with company peers on programs, situations and issues to gain alignment and support to reach resolution
- Effectively collaborate with a team of other District Sales Managers, Technical Agronomists and Technology Development Representatives to maximize services, information, and sales to preferred growers who want extensive technical/agronomic expertise
- Builds the relationships and operates in close coordination with retail partners and local seed dealers
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent, in Agriculture, Agronomy, Business, or related field required
- Minimum of three years of agronomy and professional sales experience
- Experience effectively demonstrating self motivation, initiative, assertiveness, and results orientation
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment
- If necessary, the ability to lift a minimum of 60 pounds (a bag of seed).
- Ability to pass driving record background check (i.e. moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.)
- Ability to safely use trailer and weigh wagon in performance of job
- Federal regulations from the Department of Transportation cover this position and mandate the passing of certain pre-employment requirements, such as a background check, drug test and physical
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.