CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Seed Department Manager. You will plan and direct the sales and marketing of the organization’s seed products and services offered by the cooperative to area producers through a collaborative, team effort.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Managing the sales team and production activities for the seed department.
- Train and Develop sales team on programs, pricing and overall strategy for the Seed business.
- Assist in overseeing the ongoing training of the agronomy sales team from both an agronomic and seed sales/marketing perspective.
- Ensure sales team is promoting program and product offerings which have been predetermined to offer the best return on investment for both the patron and cooperative.
- Ensure retail pricing and programs are administered consistently across all locations.
- Work with sales team and business partners on competitive issues to create best possible outcomes.
- Work with producers to earn new business and manage assigned key accounts.
- Development of annual budget for the Seed Department.
- Communicate with Management & Sales staff to monitor competitive products and market activities.
- Establish, build, and maintain relationships with key industry and strategic community partners.
- Engage in the planning and development of the Seed Department in conjunction with Management.
- Understand what margins are needed to achieve budget, take corrective action(s) when needed to ensure marketing objectives support the achievement of designated budgets.
- Maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations.
- Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Oversee safe and efficient daily seed production operations through supervision of the Frischneckt and Connell, Location Supervisor.
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of government regulation requirements regarding seed manufacturing and transportation.
- Identify and submit annual capital appropriations request and oversee project completion with Location Supervisors through vendor management once projects are approved.
- Analyze and promote efficient human and asset resource use in the seed manufacturing locations in the areas of bulk seed receiving, manufacturing and delivery.
- Work in conjunction with Credit Manager to assure company credit policy is maintained.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Degree in Agronomy or Agriculture related program (additional years of experience may offset education requirement)
- 5 years of experience in Agronomy Sales to include Chemical, Crop Nutrient, and/or Seed sales
- Certified Crop Advisor license
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.