Lab Tech IV North America Quality Control Waterman, IL
We are currently seeking a Lab Tech IV
to support our North America Quality Control (QC) team which is part of the supply chain organization at our site in Waterman, IL
(suburb of Chicago).
A Lab Tech IV will lead key lab processes and be accountable for data integrity and throughput. This position is responsible for the timely, accurate preparation, evaluation, and recording of quality control tests. Training peers, interacting with stakeholders, assisting in the maintenance of quality management systems, and leading continuous improvement efforts are also key responsibilities. This position enables high throughput laboratory analyses focused on creating a competitive advantage for QC and the supply chain.
Responsibilities of this position may include:
- Timely and accurate evaluation, and data management, of seed analysis data.
- Interaction with laboratory customers, including communication of test results as required.
- Work with lab coordinator to plan and delegate daily lab tasks to team members.
- Optimize scientific methods and techniques for analysis as directed by protocols and work instructions to deliver quality results; which may include preparation of reagents, media, controls and sample preparation.
- Ability to proactively identify and lead opportunities to improve projects such as: information technology, automation, method documentation/implementation, research and development projects, and troubleshooting activities.
- Lead research and development projects including: validation of lab and IT changes, method/documentation, and implementation of technical protocols/work instructions.
- Work independently within a team environment to ensure all testing is conducted according to Monsanto ESH policies, laboratory protocols, and regulatory agencies.
- Using metrics such as key process indicators (KPIs): evaluate and take action to initiate corrective actions and/or continuous improvement projects.
- Create, edit, and perform document review ensuring all protocols are accurate and in compliance with the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Lead efforts to improve laboratory automation platforms.
- Ensure equipment maintenance according to QMS requirements.
- Resolve issues or discrepancies involving sample integrity, supply inventory, safety concerns, or analysis irregularities.
- Coordinate and lead training, and verify competency, on lab procedures.
- Collaborate with IT teams to provide lab requirements, optimization, and delegate testing of IT/SAP/LIMS system changes.
- Function as the process expert of routine QC tests which includes contributing to troubleshooting, assuring data quality, ensuring equipment maintenance, and improving the quality culture.
- Participate in, and lead, cross-site ESH projects/initiatives.
- Ensure critical lab reagents and consumables are maintained at required inventory levels.
- Influence others in a manner that achieves results and builds a culture of safety and quality.
Monsanto is one of the largest companies in the world dedicated to the development, growth and marketing of Agriculture seeds. We strive to develop hybrids that improve nutrition, boost crop yields, limit spoilage, optimize water & climate variables and reduce the need for chemicals and other inputs. We are committed to consistently introducing innovative products for our customers. It's amazing to consider that improving human health, promoting environmental stewardship and fostering greater economic growth for the agricultural community can all start with something as small as a seed. Education, Training and/or Experience Requirements
Qualifications - Preferred
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required.
- BA/BS in sciences (agronomy, biology, genetics, biochemistry, microbiology or similar area) strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in a laboratory environment.
- Able to critically analyze data and identify trends.
- Ability to think broadly and in terms of risk and impact.
- Experience operating, maintaining, and calibrating laboratory equipment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work as a team member and effectively communicate within a multicultural environment.
- Detailed oriented with the ability to multitask in a high throughput environment.
- This position may require a change in shifts as well as weekend and overtime work as required.
- Experience with databases, LIMS, and SAP.
- Experience operating, maintaining, and calibrating laboratory equipment.
- Lean/Six Sigma experience.
- GLP, GMP, ISO/QMS, documentation auditing experience.
- Familiarity with AOSA/ISTA seed testing rules.
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.