At Monsanto, we produce some of the industry's most recognized seed brands, including DEKALB, Asgrow, Deltapine, and Seminis. Monsanto is committed to increasing crop yields and improving the lives of farm families. Every day, we invest more than $2.6 million to discover and deliver innovative technologies. It's a collaborative mission that has positively affected billions of people across the world. The Monsanto US Row Crops Organization is seeking highly motivated candidates for an Engineering Co-op experience. Responsibilities
Engineering Co-ops will get hands-on experience at a North American seed production facility. Students are involved in fundamental aspects of crop production during their employment to gain valuable process knowledge for future career opportunities. Daily activities may range from planning maintenance programs, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, presenting capital projects, learning critical process equipment procedures, and assisting in programming and IT projects depending on background and related degree.
As part of the co-op experience you may have the opportunity to participate in a cross functional experience by visiting another seed production site for a different crop or another Engineering related business. Students may be asked to perform a specific project assignment in addition to daily operational responsibilities. A re-cap of the experience and the results of any project assigned will be presented to an audience of other co-ops and Crop Leads at the conclusion of the term. Upon completion of the term, interns, mentors, and site managers will be asked for feedback on the program and any project assignments. There will be an orientation session and term end wrap up session held in St. Louis, MO Required Skills/Experiences:
- Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors pursuing a BS degree in Process, Automation, Production, Electrical or related Engineering degree
- Ability to commit to a 6 month co-op (Jan. - June or June - Dec.)
- Ability to build relationships and work well in a team based environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Self motivated with a strong results orientation. Demonstrated ability to manage a deadline while being able to focus on details
- Strong problem solving skills and an ability to organize (thoughts, data, etc)
- Excellent computer skills related to data acquisition and record keeping
- Demonstrated leadership ability. Desire to learn and willing to ask questions and able to adapt to change
- Travel may be required. Must have valid driver's license and transportation as some sites are located in areas without public transportation
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.