The Seed Service Advisor is responsible for managing assigned accounts to maximize sales through the development of business plans & customer analysis. As well as make certain the brand experience is effectively delivered, provide basic agronomic support and ensure overall ownership of the operational relationship is achieved.
• Account Management: Utilize strategic planning & thinking skills to ensure assigned accounts achieve sales and operational objectives. This includes developing annual Sales & Business Plans as well as delivering on sales targets & achieving operational execution. Assist dealers in analyzing their business to identify opportunities for training, process improvement and sales growth.
• Product Knowledge: Provides product recommendations and agronomic solutions to both dealers and growers. Strong product knowledge of new and existing products & platforms. Selling skills will be used for product placement, up selling and brand growth objectives.
• Relationships: Develop & maintain strong account relationships and coordinate internal resources cross-functionally to solve problems and deliver solutions to accounts.
• Business Acumen: Understands Monsanto, US Commercial & Supply Chain objectives and how to incorporate them into their account management & deliverables. Delivers heightened insight from the customer perspective into the Supply chain. Continuous learning & education used to expand skills sets and value delivered to accounts. Provide operational expertise that drives maximum efficiency.
• Operational Execution: Own the operational relationship with assigned accounts. Provide supply & inventory management optimizing product availability for assigned accounts and the broader sales Region. Drives simplification and process improvement, identifying & executing upon opportunities that increase customer loyalty.
• Programs: Support assigned accounts in understanding, reporting & optimizing sales & operational programs. Effectively utilize market funding to maintain & grow sales. Ensure alignment with local sales teams.
• Negotiations & Conflict Management: Coaches customers on how to interact more effectively & efficiently with the brand to improve productivity, optimize value and enrich account selling skills.
• Leadership: Utilize leadership, project management & problem solving skills to lead special projects supporting the brand, Region or Supply Chain.
• Excellent influencing skills that translate to sales
• Confidence in networking & navigating within a matrix environment
• Process-oriented, understands complex business processes and systems relations/dependencies
• Self directed with very strong initiative
• Effective planning skills
• Excellent oral, written and phone communication skills
• Very strong problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• High degree of results orientation
• Capable of having crucial conversations
• Ability to build strong relationships over the phone
• Able to work independently
• Strong strategic thinking skills
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world's biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We're always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
• Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment.
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
• You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization.
• We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry.
• Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world.
• Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.