Seed Technician - Maui TPD
The Monsanto Organization is seeking a highly motivated Seed Technician that will be a member of the Field Nursery Operations Team. The Seed Technician will assist in all phases of the conversion center programs in Kihei. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in all operations related to nursery management in the field and in the greenhouse, seed preparation, data collection, sampling and harvesting.
- Assist peers and field crew in driving awareness and adaptation of new systems that improve efficiency and productivity of our workforce in all functional areas.
- Utilization of research equipment to manage different field, greenhouse, and seed processing operations.
- Assist in computer related activities and provide support for nursery managers to meet program and functional team goals.
- Perform safety inspections, and assist in providing safety training and guidance to Monsanto personnel.
- Supervise and train full time and temporary employees on workflows and process.
- Participate with team to successfully maintain ISO and Quality Standards.
- Provide data reporting by utilizing visual applications that drive awareness and transparency on efficiency and productivity of different workflows in the farm.
Qualifications - Required Skills/Experience
- Clear written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to supervise/lead a team
- Results oriented approach
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while exhibiting situational judgment
- Valid driver's license
- High School Diploma or GED
- Good computer skills particularly with Microsoft Programs
- Basic understanding of equipment maintenance.
- Ability to work extended hours during peak seasons and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to initiate and supervise daily tasks.
Qualifications - Desired Skills/Experience
- Experienced in Computer systems such as Nintex Form/Workflows
- Demonstrated record of process improvement and innovation
- Basic understanding or ability to apply knowledge of crop production and farming practices as well as farm equipment operation and repair
- Bilingual - Filipino language
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.