Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the Monsanto Row Crops Division. At Monsanto, we are committed to recruiting and retaining the best individuals through our team-oriented culture that encourages creativity, decision-making, and entrepreneurial spirit.
We currently have an opening for a Seed Technician. Seed Technicians are involved in all facets of seed production within a location. This may include crop production, harvest, conditioning, maintenance, packaging, automation, or warehousing. This position will be located at our Illiopolis site in Illinois.
Our Seed Technicians are key members of our team ensuring the highest quality product for our customers. Working at the front-end of our production, Seed Technicians are essential to the overall success of our company and timely, efficient, and high-quality product delivery.
In this position you will work closely with, and support other on-site personnel in an effort to continuously improve our processes and consistently establish the highest standards in the industry for safety, seed quality, cost, and supply reliability.
- Crop Production: planting, detasseling
- Harvest: receiving, drying, shelling
- Conditioning: seed sizing, cleaning, and treatment application
- Packaging: packaging, labeling and tagging seed
- Warehousing: organizing, moving and placing seed into storage, maintaining inventory accuracy utilizing electronic inventory systems
- Distribution: stage seed for shipment to other warehouses and customers, receive seed from other warehouses
- Maintenance: responsible for preventive maintenance of equipment in assigned areas
- Continuous improvement driven by data analysis and implementation
- Communication with peers and management.
Required Skills / Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to do shift work seasonally
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Mechanical abilities (able to operate and trouble shoot equipment)
- Certified Crop Advisor
- Familiarity with Windows Operating Systems / Prior IPAD use in a business setting
- College degree
- Prior agricultural experience
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.