Monsanto has always embraced innovation and always focused on making a better world. You can see it in our groundbreaking technology and in our dynamic environment where your skills and your career can grow and develop. We know that every day, new ideas can come from anyone, anywhere. You'll be respected, you'll contribute to the bottom line and you'll help farmers feed the world.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best individuals through our team-oriented culture that encourages creativity, decision-making, and entrepreneurial spirit.
The North America Supply Chain Commercial Production Organization at Monsanto has an exciting opportunity available for a Seed Technician position. Seed Technicians are involved in all facets of seed production within a location. This may include crop production, harvest, conditioning, maintenance, packaging, or warehousing. This positions will be located at our Soybean Pre-Commercial Production site in Redwood Falls, Minnesota.
Our Seed Technicians are key members of our team ensuring the highest quality product for our customers. Working at the front-end of our production, Seed Technicians are essential to the overall success of our company and the timely, efficient, and high-quality product delivery. In this position you will work closely with, and support other on-site personnel in an effort to continuously improve our processes and consistently establish the highest standards in the industry for safety, seed quality, cost, and supply reliability.
- Crop Production: Field inspections
- Harvest and receiving
- Conditioning: Seed cleaning
- Treating: Applying fungicide and insecticide to seed.
- Packaging: packaging, labeling and tagging seed
- Warehousing: organizing, moving and placing seed into storage, maintaining inventory accuracy utilizing electronic inventory systems
- Distribution: stage seed for shipment to other warehouses and customers, receive seed from other warehouses
- Maintenance: responsible for preventive maintenance of equipment in assigned areas
- Actively participates in safety and Quality Management System (QMS) initiatives throughout the site
Desired Skills / Experience:
- College degree preferred
- Mechanical abilities (able to operate and trouble shoot equipment)
- Certified Crop Advisor and/or agricultural field experience
- Familiarity with Windows Operating Systems / Basic computer skills
- Prior agricultural experience
Required Skills / Experience:
Specific Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Ability to do shift work seasonally
- Valid driver's license
The requirements for this position involve the willingness to work in a variety of areas (control room, plant, and warehouse) including frequent walking and standing. This can include frequent work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions. Position requires willingness to climb with the ability to perform elevated work utilizing portable ladders and fall protection equipment within the current ANSI duty rating of the equipment which is currently 300lbs. Position involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting up to 60 lbs. Overtime hours including off hours and weekend work required as needed to support the business needs.
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.