Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the Monsanto Row Crop Division. At Monsanto, we are committed to recruiting and retaining the best individuals through our team-oriented culture that encourages creativity, decision-making, and entrepreneurial spirit.
We currently have an opening for a Seed Technician position. Seed Technicians are involved in all facets of seed production within a location. This may include crop production, maintenance and precision agriculture initiatives. These positions will be located at our Pre-Commercial Corn Facility in Manito, IL.
Our Seed Technicians are key members of our team ensuring the highest quality product for our customers. Working at the front-end of our production, Seed Technicians are essential to the overall success of our company and the timely, efficient, and high-quality product delivery. In this position you will work closely with, and support other on-site personnel in an effort to continuously improve our processes and consistently establish the highest standards in the industry for safety, seed quality, cost, and supply reliability.
- Planting: Field layout and design, seed allocation, field operations
- In Season: scouting, data collection, coordination of activities, detasseling
- Harvest: Operations, seed certification and documentation
- Maintenance: responsible for preventive maintenance of equipment in assigned areas, maintenance tracking and analysis
- Precision Agriculture: field mapping, irrigation and soil management, testing and implementation of new technology within the agricultural sector, yield and quality analysis
Required Skills / Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to do shift work seasonally
- Familiarity with Windows Operating Systems / Basic computer skills
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Mechanical abilities (able to operate and trouble shoot equipment)
- Certified Crop Advisor
- Advanced computer skills (GPS, ArcGIS Mapping, Precision Ag Technologies)
- Bachelors Degree
- Prior agricultural experience
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.