Mycogen Seeds, a wholly-owned affiliate of Dow AgroSciences, currently has a Seed Production Technician
position open at its York, Nebraska
Operations facility. Production Technicians are involved in all areas of seed production, which may include crop production, harvesting, conditioning, packaging, warehousing, quality control, and maintenance. Our Production Technicians are key members of our team and ensure the highest levels of safety of our operations. In addition, our Production Technicians are key to ensuring the highest level of quality products for our customers. In this position, you will work closely with and support other on-site personnel in an effort to continuously improve our processes and consistently establish the highest standards in the industry for safety, seed quality, cost, and supply reliability.Key Responsibilities include:
- overseeing crop production activities including planting through harvest
Conditioning and packaging:
- seed sizing
- treatment application
- quality control
- labeling and tagging seed
- re-bag processed lots
Warehousing and distribution:
- moving and placing seed into storage
- maintaining inventory accuracy
- utilizing electronic inventory systems
- stage seed for shipment to other warehouses and customers
- receive seed from other warehouses
- responsible for preventive maintenance of equipment in assigned areas
Continuous Improvement / Office Administration:
- utilizing Microsoft applications, data entry
- writing and updating job procedures
- assisting in the training of new employees
- participating on continuous improvement teams
Other responsibilities/tasks as needed per business demands.Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Ability to work in field and warehouse conditions, with exposure to seasonal environment.
- Ability to do shift work seasonally, with overtime as needed per business demands.
- Ability to perform physical labor, to include lifting up to 50 lbs, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be proficient with computers, able to use Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, be coachable, meet deadlines, pay close attention to detail, and fully embrace safety and regulatory compliance guidelines.
- Valid driver's license for the state of Nebraska is a requirement, or ability to obtain Nebraska driver's license by start date.
- Fluent in English. Candidate must be able to read, write and speak in English without assistance.
- Candidate must have reliable transportation.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Mechanical abilities (able to operate and trouble shoot equipment).
- Familiarity with Windows Operating Systems / Basic computer skills
- College degree is preferred but not required, with preference for studies in field of Agronomy.
- Prior seeds production experience.
- Prior agricultural experience or operating agriculture machinery.
- Ability to speak and write in Spanish is a plus.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
Join the Dow team in creating innovative solutions for human progress. A career with us is an invitation to explore, create and make valuable contributions to human progress. We’re a global team of problem-solvers, impacting everything from safe bridges, to fresh food. Andthere’s a science to our success. Discover how we do it.