Visa is a leader in digital payments - and a fascinating and challenging place to take next step with your career. With over two and half billion Visa cards issued worldwide, 400 billion transactions and $7 trillion in payment volume annually, Visa's role in payments is deep and broad. From a professional and career perspective, As a team, we work together with our merchants to drive change and participate in rapid evolution of retail - including solutions for ecommerce, mobile payments, innovative digital business practices including tokenization and other fraud/risk reducing tools.Job DescriptionWe are hiring a Senior Strategic Account Executive to own responsibility for winning new merchant agreements for Visa eCommerce solutions including Visa Checkout. This Senior Director-level role is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and reports to the Vice President, Digital Solutions in the Merchant Sales & Solutions organization.
The Senior Strategic Account Executive (Senior Director level) will own responsibility for defining, negotiating and winning new agreements with US merchants. To accomplish this objective, the person in this role will routinely perform the following key activities:
- Lead sales and services discussions with strategic merchants and be responsible for all activities related to the opportunity. Compensation is tied to success in winning new business.
- Negotiate agreements and close new business.
- Be responsible for achieving sales and growth objectives for Visa eCommerce Solutions, including Visa Checkout, in a portfolio of strategic merchant and partner relationships.
- Make compelling presentations, written proposals and engagement plans to build relationships, discover critical insights for effective solution selling, and extend existing Visa relationships.
- Work directly with Visa leadership among cross-functional team members and executives related to sales activities and results
- Forecast current pipeline of business and accurately call closings and quarterly attainment
- Develop and implement a business plan for a set of named accounts working with a cross-functional team of colleagues
- Think strategically while representing client's interest and needs internally within Visa through demonstrating an understanding of the client's objectives, strategies/key initiatives, underlying business philosophy, financial model, and key players; as well as Visa's interaction model and approach for winning more business.
Additional InformationEVERYWHERE YOU WANT TO BE
- Minimum 12 years of experience, in client-facing role providing sales, business development and consulting advice in ecommerce, digital marketing, financial services, enterprise software
- Knowledge of retail industry - recent client-facing role a strong plus
- Proven competency negotiating business agreements for complex enterprise services, with an aptitude to lead campaigns as part of a larger sales and account team
- Proven track record of successful sales and relationship management with success at 'C' level executives within client organizations.
- Proven ability to direct technical services teammates as part of a cross-functional account team
- Evidence of success of team leadership is highly desired
- Digital payments and/or financial services industry expertise is highly desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of an organization, including executive
- Proficient in salesforce or other CRM system; Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
At Visa, we work with one goal in front of us: to make sure that Visa is serving the needs of stakeholders for the safest, most convenient, and most relevant ways to pay and be paid, for everyone, everywhere. Visa's track record of innovation is significant - including accomplishments in cards, network and digital. As a global payments technology company with a common vision, Visa enables people and businesses around the world to grow. As a global brand, Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence. We are a team of employees who consciously work to improve the security and convenience of payments for people all over the world. Please learn more about our team and find out for yourself how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."