Sr. Account Executive, Visa USA FI Sales, is responsible for identifying and implementing partnership opportunities with one of our largest issuing and acquiring clients. This position serves as a member of an account team serving as the client's primary point of contact, and advocating for the client across the Visa organization to achieve mutual success. The individual will have responsibility for maximizing utilization of Visa assets to assist the client in achieving mutually agreed upon goals thereby driving Visa's results. The position will work closely with internal and external stakeholders, particularly within the Account Sales, Product, Marketing, Consulting, Finance, Operations, and Legal teams. This position is responsible for deepening the client relationship and continuously adding value by executing the Visa strategy.
- Working closely with account team leader and product portfolio sales lead to support the client's consumer and small business credit portfolios, and to provide the leadership and focus to drive results
- Organize and implement account planning processes to engage with the client at senior levels, identify opportunities and challenges faced by the client, recognize those initiatives that solve our mutual business objectives, identify and deploy Visa resources to address the objectives, and track our performance
- Prepare and present proposals, and as required, negotiate contractual agreements to expand the scope of Visa products and services
- Provide leadership in multi-faceted projects including program/product launches, strategy development and implementation of payments innovation
- Drive process improvement through analytic approaches and creative solutions
- 10 plus years of business experience with related sales or account management experience in the payments industry or similar experience in consulting
- Strong knowledge of payments including consumer and small business credit card marketing, fraud risk management, credit risk management, and operations
- Strong relationship management, follow up, and organizational skills
- Team player focused on both individual and team successes
- Experience interacting with fraud, credit risk, marketing and operations executive teams
- Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing competitive sales efforts
- Experience working with financial indicators to measure business performance including P&L responsibility and accurately forecasting sources of cost, revenue and risk with an ability to summarize business and financial data in a useful manner for planning and decision making
- Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships with all levels including executive management
- Ability to negotiate business agreements and to enhance and develop business partnerships
- Four-year college degree required; MBA a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Position will be located in our San Francisco office
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.