Panasonic's vision of the digital future is driven by the needs and aspirations of our business customers and millions of consumers around the world who use our products every day. We share their dream to live a fuller life by providing ways of working smarter and enjoying the rewards of technological advances. At Panasonic, our success depends on every single employee's contributions - because the more we grow as individuals, the more we grow as a company.
Panasonic Industrial Devices Sales Company of America , a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America , has a long, distinguished history of serving the North American manufacturing sector. Our aim is to support local manufacturing with products, technologies, and service that promote our customers' immediate and long-term goals. Our OEM industrial electronic components, subsystems and factory automation are geared to a diverse range of industries. We aim to achieve strategic partnerships, as well as support the development of North American manufacturing.
Currently, PIDSA has an immediate opening for Senior Account Manager. CANDIDATE MUST RESIDE WITHIN THE CUPERTINO AREA
At Panasonic, we are constantly striving to improve and grow both personally and professionally. We put our customer first, and demand only the best. We are looking for those that share our passion. ACCOUNTABILITIES:
This position is responsible for managing a Premier Silicon Valley OEM customer in the information and communications devices industry and for developing and implementing a global sales strategy for expanding sales. This position is also responsible for providing guidance to factory and management on how to achieve the sales strategy and key project targets.
MAINTAIN EXISTING BUSINESS :
- Maintain and expand current business through effective support, service, account management and sales promotion.
ACCOUNT RESPONSIBILITY :
- Assume TOTAL account responsibility, including engineering and qualification process, project management and customer interface.
- Maintain communication with factories and other sales companies to assure customer support and engineering assistance. Works with factories on engineering and business issues to meet competitive levels.
- Achieve objectives working through multiple levels of support functions that have no direct reporting relationship.
- Develop annual and long range strategic business plans as it pertains to assigned key accounts.
Education & Experience:
- BS/BA with a technical background is preferred.
- Five or more years of industry specific account management and sales experience as it pertains to the business unit product(s).
- Experience in selling to major OEM customers
- Experience in working for a multi-national global company preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the handheld devices market (smartphones, tablets, peripherals)
- Proven success in working with cross-functional team members across the globe
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills are essential.
- Ability to penetrate the customer at multiple levels and in multiple areas
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively.
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving abilities
- Project management
- Strong written and oral communication capabilities, including major presentations to high-level internal/external contacts, are required.
- Effective in conveying ideas and messages, in speaking and in writing, in clear, concise, accurate and persuasive means.
- Proven ability to negotiate and influence all levels of management within the company and customer.
- Ability to travel internationally (~50%) is required by the position
In addition to an environment that's as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation . Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America .
A little about us:
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.