McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson Medical-Surgical is seeking a mid-level Accountant to join our team in Richmond, VA.
Reporting to the Accounting Director, the selected candidate will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Complete reconciliations related to Chargebacks
- Complete journal entries related to Chargebacks
- Complete Chargeback reporting to be shared with members of the chargeback team and management
- Assist in variance commentary monthly
- Work on diverse problems/projects within generally defined practices & policies to select method to obtaining solutions
- Resolve various accounting/financial issues for clients from a variety of different departments
5+ years accounting experience
- 3+ years financial accounting experience (GAAP)
- 3+ years experience performing research and variance analysis
- 2+ years experience reporting to senior management on findings
- 1+ years experience working cross functionally
- Advanced MS Office proficiency (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Prior experience in revenue/allowance accounting work highly preferred
- Ability to exercise independent judgment on complex issues
- SQL experience preferred
- JDE experience preferred
- Ability to summarize findings into actionable formats
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work collaborative
- Excellent written and verbal communication
4-year degree in accounting or related field or equivalent experiencePhysical Requirements
General Office DemandsBenefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.
McKesson is in business for better health.