Company: Pitney Bowes
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Posted: October 18, 2017
Reference ID: 168402
About the Opportunity
As a Senior Accountant at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on accuracy and you deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you'll join our Global Accounting Operations (GAO) team in Shelton, CT, and report to the Senior Manager - North America Small and Medium Business (SMB) Accounting. You will be responsible for:
• Assisting in the processes and analytics that will ensure that the books and records of the Company are recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and in compliance with the Company's policies and procedures.
• Preparing accurate analyses of transactions, current and past trend reports supporting monthly activity that will ensure the accuracy of financial statements for various business units and functions within the Company.
• Various accounting projects that will require a general level of knowledge of general accounting methods, principles, and practices, and a general understanding of the overall accounting practices.
• Work with External and Internal Auditors, as well as our SOX Compliance team, to provide necessary support documentation for their monthly/quarterly reviews and annual audits.
• A minimum of 5 years of prior accounting experience supporting a global organization.
• Previous experience with Revenue Recognition and related technical accounting, including multiple element arrangements.
• Strong PC skills to include Excel, Access and Word.
• General knowledge of accounting methods, principles and practices.
• Strong initiative and analytical skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
• Experience with revenue recognition.
• Previous experience using SAP.
• A four year Bachelor's degree in accounting
• Public Accounting experience with a Big 4 not required, but a plus.
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything, we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.