Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a Senior Accountant at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
This position resides within the US SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting team with the following principal responsibilities:
1) Together with the SEC Reporting manager and team, own and coordinate preparation of the Company's quarterly and annual SEC filings, including ownership and coordination of XBRL and external reporting software.
2) Assist in the accounting review of complex business transactions; perform technical accounting research
3) Assist with projects, including implementation of new accounting standards, responding to SEC comment letters, preparing materials for the Audit Committee and Board of Directors, acquisitions & divestitures, and others.
• 3-5+ years Big 4 public accounting and/or relevant private company experience, CPA
• SEC reporting experience and/or a commitment to learn reporting requirements; US GAAP accounting theory, research and application skills
• Strong communication skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to work effectively with management and external auditors
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Team focus, strong people skills, tenacity
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company celebrating 75 years of operation. The company's core Industrial Gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The company's Materials Technologies business serves the semiconductor, polyurethanes, cleaning and coatings, and adhesives industries. The company had fiscal 2015 sales of $9.9 billion and has a current market capitalization of more than $30 billion. Approximately 19,000 employees in 50 countries strive to make Air Products the world's safest and best performing Industrial Gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on the link Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #19252BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
A little about us:
Air Products has been enabling its customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for 75 years.