About The Coca-Cola Company
Everyone knows Coca-Cola. It's the best-known product in the world. We've been making it since 1886 and it still tastes the same.
As a business, The Coca-Cola Company is constantly evolving - we develop new products, acquire great brands and pioneer new ways of doing things. We sell four of the world's top five non-alcoholic sparkling drinks (Coke, Coke light, Sprite and Fanta) and 3,600+ products in over 200 countries, including water, juices, energy drinks, and even tea and coffee. Altogether, that adds up to more than 1.9 billion drinks around the globe every day. Global Business Services (GBS)
GBS is The Coca-Cola Company's multi-functional internal shared-services organization providing a wide range of transactional services across all Coca-Cola business units within functional areas such as: Finance and Procurement Operations, Human Resources Operations, Workplace Strategy and Operations, Controls and Compliance, Change Practice, Operational Excellence, Data Governance, User Experience and Content, and Creative Business Solutions. Our GBS main locations are Warsaw (Poland), Drogheda (Ireland), Buenos Aires (Argentina), San José (Costa Rica), Manila (Philippines), and Atlanta (Georgia, USA) We offer our associates:
- The Coca-Cola Company's extraordinary heritage, our leading brands and the global scale of what we do.
- The challenge of meaningful work - our unique global system offers constant opportunities to develop world-class skills and a truly international career.
- A unique culture where people do what they love and live their values.
- The kind of competitive compensation you would expect from a world leader.
At The Coca-Cola Company, our people
have their own formula for turning passion into action. Together, that's how we push the world's greatest brands to new heights. What's your secret formula? Sr. Accountant
Atlanta, GA Position Overview
This position is part of the Global Finance Operations supporting Corporate. This Senior Accountant role will interact with various corporate departments including AP, Tax, and the Controller's Group with regard stewardship responsibilities for the corporate general ledger. This position will be involved in the GFO Corporate close, including submission of Trial Balance and associated schedules and forms for all corporate entities. This role will be heavily involved in analysis and reconciliation of certain balance sheet accounts and will work with a wide range of associates to understand business transactions, provide assistance with SAP (and other systems) and share accounting knowledge on the execution of new and ongoing transactions. This role will also support the GFO Corporate initiatives by providing subject matter expertise regarding accounting and reporting processes Key Responsibilities
Function Specific Activities:
- Analyze and record transactions for corporate activity, including amortization of prepaid and accrual balances, foreign currency remeasurement and translation activity, benefits, p-card, capital project settlement and balance sheet allocations
- Analyze and post recurring entries.
- Responsible for submission of corporate entities' trial balance, schedules and forms.
- Coordinating adjustments during the Post-Submission period. Reviewing, communicating and coordinating adjustments with the Controller's group and global functions.
- Updating SOX Narratives related to the close process.
- Preparing monthly reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts. Prepare analysis of those accounts to be reviewed with BU clients. Make recommendations on areas of risk and opportunities where required.
- Update team metrics for GL Team. Monitor, analyze and alert GL Manager on underperforming metrics. Propose process improvements where need is identified.
- Preparing assigned Cash Flows for Corporate Legal Entities in HFC.
- Reconcile and analyze balance sheet accounts to ensure transactions are recorded accurately and account balances are accurately stated in accordance with GAAP and Company policy. Research/resolve any issues identified.
- Reconcile general ledger and sub ledger accounts to source data and systems to ensure all transactions have been accurately recorded. Research/resolve any issues identified.
- Understand and communicate system upgrades/ new implementation effects on close processes. Support system work through process improvement using the OE methodology.
- Identify and resolve outstanding financial issues or inquiries with appropriate HQ functions, field management, and/or global finance management.
- Consolidate, reconcile, review, and analyze financial information and documentation for submission and/or reporting. Conduct final check (e.g., check methodology, reasonableness, propriety of information) of financial material prior to distribution.)
- Prepare accounting entries to properly record business and financial transactions in Company financial systems; Prepare closing entries to ensure financial records are properly stated.
- Ensure all accounting entries and authorizations are in compliance with Company Accounting Policy and GAAP and ensure accuracy of accounting transactions
- Research, gather, and/or prepare documentation to support accounting transaction (e.g., accounting estimates and basic accrual calculations).
- Establish, maintain, and promote internal controls (e.g., adherence to Chart of Authority, separation of duties, etc.) to safeguard the Company's assets.
- Review methodology, inputs, and compliance with policies and procedures to ensure accuracy of reporting and data integrity for area of responsibility.
- Identify, classify, maintain, and protect files, documentation and sensitive information consistent with record handling and retention requirements.
- Maintain records in compliance with Company record retention policy.
- Complete and submit Quarter-end, year-end and all other externally required submissions for reporting requirements to external sources.
What you can expect
- Build an understanding of the customer/client needs/expectations within area of accountability.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with co-workers to resolve internal and external customer/client issues.
- Determine personal actions needed to satisfy a customer/client requirement.
- Seek out new learning/development opportunities to enhance job performance and skills.
- A fun team environment that is collaborative and casual
- A supportive culture of personal development
- A strong possibility to advance your career
Bachelors of Accounting or Finance required. CPA is highly preferred. Related Work Experience:
What you need to be successful
- Possess at least 3 years of experience.
- Applicants with strong SAP, Excel and process improvement experience is desirable.
- Prefer candidates with general accounting and reporting experience.
- A combination of Public Accounting and Industry experience is highly desirable.
Leadership Behaviors: DRIVE INNOVATION:
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of international, U.S. or local Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This includes the ability to apply these principles and determine compliance with the principles
- Reconciliation. Ability to compare data from various data sources and identify inconsistencies or variances
- Basic Financial Analysis: The ability to analyze financial data (e.g., validity of data including balance sheet account balance, P&L variance, volume trends, return on investments) This includes creating spreadsheets, explaining variances, identifying issues, and making appropriate recommendations.
- Basic Accounting Principles. Knowledge of basic accounting principles (e.g., debit and credit) around transactional processes (e.g., accruals, derivatives, benefit plans, marketing programs
- Financial Systems and Processes: Ability to research financial systems and processes (e.g., journal vouchers, vendor file, online banking tools) to resolve issues (e.g., missing payments, missing journal vouchers).
- Control Environment. Ability to assess current controls to ensure that assets are safeguarded and that transactions are authorized, recorded, and reported. This may include designing and implementing cost-effective systems and procedures properly.
Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation) COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS
: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler) ACT LIKE AN OWNER:
Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders INSPIRE OTHERS:
Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS:
Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential That sounds appealing? Then start now - TASTE THE FEELING .
Please submit your application (CV and Cover Letter) in English.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top