Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
As a member of the Corporate and Other (C&O) team, the Sr. Accountant position will be responsible for the accurate and timely preparation and analysis of planning and projections as well as monthly and quarterly actual results for the C&O line of business on both a GAAP and STAT basis. The candidate will need to be flexible enough to work and in some cases lead different projects assigned to C&O.
- Participate in the GAAP and STAT C&O planning and projection process for the income statement and balance sheet. Responsible for contributing to a standard monthly projection reporting package for the CFO Monthly Projection Meeting and annual plan deck for senior management review.
- Manage, communicate and work with different departments to identify and document key drivers of variances between projections against plan and projections against prior projections. Also includes supporting the implementation of the C&O Hyperion Planning tool in order to fully automate the projection process.
- Participate in the C&O stress test projection process. Including reviewing baseline results, stress scenario results and reconciliation between different scenarios making sure that results are consistent based upon the latest Enterprise Risk Management guidance and stress variables. These results are presented to the Capital Management Committee on a quarterly basis allowing timely decisions making for the Company.
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly and quarterly actual reporting packages and related analytics for the C&O segment. This includes managing the preparation of the QFS reporting package, including detailed analysis of current period actuals v., plan/prior period actuals and communicating to senior management.Prepare quarterly GAAP and STAT financial statement analytics for assigned legal entities for both Legal Entity Controller Sign-off as well as external audit support.
- Lead the annual C&O Embedded Value process. Lead liaison between internal audit and C&O during the audit of the C&O Embedded Value
- 8+ years total financial analysis in a public or private company environment.
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting
- Strong knowledge of Excel required. Knowledge of HFM, Smartview and Hyperion Planning a plus
- Completion of/or progress towards CPA, MBA, or CMA a plus
- Knowledge of US GAAP, insurance accounting and US STAT a plus
Corporate & Other Controllers
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.