Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
As a member of the Corporate and Other (C&O) team, the Sr. Accountant position will be responsible for the accurate and timely preparation and analysis of monthly and quarterly actual results for the start-up businesses within the C&O line of business on both a GAAP and STAT basis. The candidate will also be pivotal in reviewing processes and controls within these businesses and working to implement proper processes and controls. There will also be several projects that the candidate will be leading to completion.
- Work with the CFO group of the businesses to regularly communicate and prioritize issues that need to be corrected and projects that need to be implemented.
- Responsible for contributing to the monthly and quarterly actual reporting packages and related analytics for the C&O segment. This includes providing variance explanations for the businesses assigned for each of the respective scenarios.
- Prepare quarterly GAAP and STAT financial statement analytics for assigned legal entities for both Legal Entity Controller Sign-off as well as external audit support.
- Responsible to be the lead on audits for the businesses within C&O for any annual stand-alone audits
- Work independently on complex and/or important projects, particularly those to automate current manual processes & enhance controls and documentation.
- 5+ years total financial analysis in a public or private company environment.
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting
- Strong knowledge of Excel required. Knowledge of HFM, Smartview and Hyperion Planning a plus
- Completion of/or progress towards CPA, MBA, or CMA a plus
- Knowledge of US GAAP, insurance accounting and US STAT a plus
Corporate & Other Controllers
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.