Accountemps is looking for a Senior Accountant for an exciting opportunity with a DFW based company. As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for financial statement preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis, budgets and forecasting, audit preparation, and internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. This position offers you great long-term potential and a strong compensation and benefits package. We are looking for someone who has excellent analytical skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast–paced environment to support the firm's continued success.
If you're interested in this opportunity, email your resume to Tyler Huss, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com today!
Role & Responsibilities
• Execute monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables primarily in the compensation area (journal entries, reconciliations, reports)
• Prepare monthly consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management reporting
• Work with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls and provide support on special requests.
• Provide analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks)
• Assist in coordinating quarterly reviews and SOX testing with internal and external auditors
• Prepare Balance Sheet account reconciliations
• Dedication to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process
• Participate in various department-wide initiatives
• Ad-hoc projects as necessary
• BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
• 3-5 years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 experience
• Oracle 11i or higher, or other ERP system experience
• Strong Excel skills required
• Accounting experience in publicly-traded company a plus
• Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail a plus
• Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
• Deep understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance
• Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
• Ability to effectively interact, verbally and in writing, with functional department managers
• Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Detail oriented, ability to multi-task and work independently
• Hyperion systems – Essbase/Smartview experience a plus
• Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
• Experience in SOX control execution/documentation
• Equipment lease accounting experience
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company once again was named to FORTUNE magazine's list of ""World's Most Admired Companies"" and was the highest-ranked staffing firm (March 1, 2016), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.