Cummins Sales & Service has supplied service and support to the Pacific Northwest and Alaska for more than 70 years as the authorized distributor of Cummins products and services. A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in our tradition of exceptional service. Our employees are dedicated to delivering the "Best Every Time, Every Day" with the goal of earning customers for life!
We take pride in providing an unmatched high caliber of service and support for Cummins engines, generators, filters, and related products that serve the varied needs of our territory. Crucial to accomplishing this is the energy and commitment of Cummins employees to the company, but also to the communities in which we work and live
We have an exciting opportunity for a senior accounting and payables administrator in Portland, Oregon. The Senior Accounting and Payables Administrator is responsible for all local Accounts Payable functions, vendor transactions, lead contact for Telamon transactions, banking transactions and Concur credit cards for the Pacific Region North Area.
Other duties include:
- North Area lead contact for all questions Telamon including coding invoices, working with branches, training users, matching receipts, and handling EDI variances.
- Manages vendor files in BMS - set up new vendors, maintain data base, handle internal control requirements
- Work with AR team on cash deposits, customer refunds, open bank issues
- Manage local Concur travel and Purchase cards
- Reconcile miscellaneous accounts as assigned
- Month end journal entries - including AP accrual, variance reclass, expense corrections, and others as needed.
To succeed in this role, the associate will have the following qualifications:
- Must have strong Excel skills including pivot tables, V lookups and Sumif's.
- Demonstrated ability with general ledger accounting.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with external and internal customers
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required.
- Two years of relevant experience required.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins .
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.