Senior Accounting Specialist
Does the idea of working with professional, highly trained accountants inspire you? Are you an accounting professional with a demonstrated ability to work well in teams, develop new ideas, and take ownership of your projects? Would you like the opportunity to individually contribute to the team, along with the opportunity to grow into a leader? Would you like to work in a collaborative environment where your contributions are recognized and rewarded, all while having a work-life balance? If so, opportunities for professional and personal fulfillment in a dynamic, progressive organization await you at Capital One!
Join Capital One's Controllers Group as a Senior Associate in Treasury Accounting! The demand for skilled professionals to support the accounting and reporting of the derivative portfolio is increasing with the diversification of the company’s products and hedging strategies. Support the business in implementing new strategies by establishing the operational accounting processes in compliance with ASC 815 (formerly SFAS 133 and SFAS 161). Prepare monthly and quarterly financial results of the derivative instruments and present to management. Support new initiatives, financial system implementations and upgrades. Be a team player, partner with the business and identify issues and collaborate on recommended solutions.
• Manage the operations of derivative accounting, review journal entries, reconciliations, and analytics
• Ensure accounting practices and documentation procedures are performed in accordance with corporate accounting and governance policies and procedures
• Perform the monthly analysis and reporting of financial performance, including preparation of monthly commentary for business owners and management
• Prepare/review quarterly footnote disclosures in our 10-Q and 10-K reports
• Work closely with business partners, perform research and resolve issues
• Identify process improvement opportunities and implement automation tools
• Participate in testing in key corporate projects such as system upgrades and enhancements
• Bachelor’s Degree or Miltary experience
• At least 2 years of accounting or audit experience
• At least 2 years of experience in financial systems
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
• 2+ years of experience in the banking or financial services industry
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize diverse tasks
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.