114 5th Ave (22114), United States of America, New York, New York
Senior Active Directory Engineer
Senior Active Directory Engineer
The Senior Active Directory Engineer within the Identity and Access Management organization is responsible for the analysis, design, implementation and support of enterprise level Active Directory solutions including Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, PKI, LDAP, FIM, LDS and LDAP. Individual will be the technical engineering lead for large scale Active Directory initiatives. Individual may act as an individual contributor or manage a team of engineers. Individual may also get involved in resolving complex or high severity incidents. Individual must be self-motivated and must be able to work well in a geographically dispersed, virtual team environment. Candidate must have excellent communication skills including proven experience effectively communicating technical challenges and solutions to peers, customers, and senior management.
Candidates for this role should have expert level knowledge of Active Directory and a strong foundation in other Directory Service technologies and be passionate about delivering a secure, stable and continually improving environment that enables Capital One to meet its objectives. Candidates should welcome the challenge of integrating new technologies into production as well as the opportunity to work on cloud based platforms such as AWS, Azure, and Office 365.
- Analyze, design, and implement highly complex, enterprise level Active Directory and Directory Services solutions
- Translate business needs into workable technology solutions that meet the needs of internal customers
- Support migration of Active Directory and related platforms to the Cloud
- Research new technologies and industry trends that can benefit Capital One
- Develop standards, target states, and roadmaps and effectively socialize and obtain consensus across architecture, engineering and operations teams
- Develop detailed architecture, standards, design, and implementation documentation
- Partner with operations team to support the design, delivery, and support of new technologies and services into production
- Develop playbooks and partner with application teams to migrate business applications to target state domains
- Analyze current Active Directory environment to identify both technical and operational challenges and develop continuous improvement action plans
- Participate or lead complex or high severity troubleshooting and incident problem resolutions with other infrastructure teams, including AD operations, storage, messaging, server and network
High school diploma, GED or equivalent certification, or military experience
- At least 5 years of Active Directory engineering experience that includes designing, implementing and maintaining complex enterprise level Active Directory solutions
- At least 2 year of experience providing operational support for large-scale enterprise level Active Directory environments
- At least 2 years of experience in implementing Windows security concepts and policies
- At least 2 years of experience in scripting in languages such as VBScript or PowerShell to develop complex automation scripts
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or Mathematics
- 2+ years of experience with Windows Server 2012 Active Directory
- 1+ year of experience with additional directory technologies such as ADAM, LDS, FIM and Azure AD Sync
- 1+ year of experience with integration of applications with Active Directory via LDAP and Kerberos for authentication and authorization
- 1+ year of experience with cloud environments such as AWS and Azure
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.