The Administrative Assistant will support the VP, Marketing Strategy & Insights, along with the VP, Connections & Media. This role will be responsible for managing all aspects of the VP's office including international travel arrangements, extensive calendar management, meeting and event planning, budget tracking and rolling estimate, power point presentations, and expense reports. In addition, this role will handle small projects associated with the Marketing Strategy & Insights and Connections & Media teams. Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
- Proactive diary management for the VP- including responding to diary requests, updating the diary with full details (contacts, addresses, travel arrangements etc.). Respond to meeting requests from internal and external parties in a way that best optimizes the allocation of the VP's time. Prepare for meetings by providing prereads and allocate preparation time when appropriate. Requires constant changes, prioritization and flexibility.
- Daily proactive management of VP's email inbox to deal with all straightforward requests immediately and independently while keeping VP informed of status, and to allocate sufficient time in VP's diary to work on upcoming topics and requests
- Assist in anticipating the needs of the VPs and broader team, relating to meeting preparation, travel arrangements, reports, etc.
- Answer all incoming calls, contacts and mail and redirect as appropriate. Organize back up to ensure coverage.
- When the VP is out of the office, deal with requests and queries in a timely manner without specific direction. Use own judgment to take appropriate action/speak to the relevant people and follow up to ensure requests are actioned satisfactorily whilst maintaining the appropriate level of confidentiality.
- Carry out SAP tasks including raising of purchase orders/entering goods receipts/ creating new vendors/changing vendor details/urgent payment requests/intercompany transfers etc.
- Act as a power user in PowerPoint to create presentations and provide support to other members of the team, ensuring high quality and standardization of all visual materials Compile, edit and proof read presentations, correspondences and internal communications.
- Make domestic and international travel arrangements to include air, hotel and ground transportation, visa, passport as required. Prepare itineraries to be shared with VP and others.
- Input travel expenses into computerized business expense form. Review expense reports and invoices for completeness and accuracy according to Company policies. Track and reconcile monthly American Express bills for department to ensure accurate reimbursement.
- Organise and coordinate internal and external meetings and other ad hoc team/company events (often virtual e.g. video-conference, telephone conference, online meetings etc.), including responsibility for agendas and minutes.
- Provide assistance for visiting members of the S&I global community as required
- Action admin related PWC requests such as regular updating of PWC calendar
- Act as a project manager and/or coordinator for the team at large. Keeps track of costs, work load, supplies, etc.
- Coordinate and keep track of departmental budget and collaborate closely with Finance, using xls. Proactively communicate status to VP.
- Collaborate closely and take leading role in coordinating MS&I admin staff to ensure shared learning smooth collaboration, backups, and focus on team priorities.
- Forge good working relations with other Senior Administrative staff in Atlanta and with global counterparts
- Coordinate ad hoc project work and other tasks as required
High School Diploma or equivalent. University/College Degree preferredRelated Work Experience:
At least 3 years relevant work experience. Additionally, the ideal candidate will embody the following:
- Initiative: Proactivity and willingness to take on challenges and responsibilities
- Stress Tolerance: dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations with a positive, 'can do' attitude
- Team player: Strong networking skills and collaborative, pleasant attitude, preferring to work with others than alone
- Attention to detail and accuracy: being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks
- Judgement and Decision making: Considering the relative cost and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Organisation: Disciplined planning and organizing
- Self-starter: Ability to work independently, with ability to set priorities, solve problems and be resourceful.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, very articulate
- Continuous improvement mindset: establishing personal achievement goals and exerting effort towards mastering tasks, eager to learn and grow
- Cultural sensitivity: Experience with working in an international and culturally diverse environment
- Technologically-savvy: Capable in using MS Office, as well as Social Media and other digital applications
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
- Balances Immediate & Long-Term Priorities - Meets critical objectives while considering the impact of those activities on longer-term goals. Translates strategic direction into personal actions/plans.
- Delivers Results - takes accountability, ensuring productive, efficient execution against priorities. Sets ambitious yet realistic goals and removes obstacles to ensure high quality results.
- Sets a Winning Example - Demonstrates integrity, including placing Company interests ahead of personal agendas. Makes sound decisions and follows through on them. Demonstrates passion for the Company and its products
- MS Office (Word - Intermediate; Excel - Intermediate; PowerPoint - Advanced)
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.