Janssen Research & Development, LLC
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
This position will provide administrative support to department members with limited supervision. Individual is required to work independently and as part of a team. Needs to be proactive. The Senior Administrative Assistant takes initiative by acting independently, and assumes responsibility for special projects/meetings. Communicates and interacts daily with individuals from various countries and at all levels using influence, negotiating and verbal skills. Flexibility, judgment and discretion, independently assess and resolve complex situations/problems, and flexibility to respond to shifting priorities. This position requires a high level of flexibility. Support will also include engaging in routine and complex document preparation and file management. Requires responding in place of manager on routine and sometimes complex matters. Continues to operate at full capacity in the absence of manager. Performs advanced administrative responsibilities. Works with other administrative assistants. Must possess extensive knowledge of and demonstrated ability with personal computers and associated office software programs. The successful candidate will manage many day to day operations to include:
- Calendar Administration: provide high-level calendar support. Schedule meetings, reserve conference rooms, verify and arrange for needed A/V equipment, make food/catering arrangements, set up audio conference and live meeting, prepare agendas, and proactively resolve meeting conflicts. Travel Coordination: make travel arrangements for staff members as requested using Corporate Travel Online system and according to the department process.
- Expense Reporting – collect and enter expenses into J&J expense reporting system (currently Concur); maintain documentation for submitted expenses
- Coordination of Candidate Interview
- Interview Schedule Preparation
- Candidate Travel/Lodging/Ground arrangements
- On-Boarding of New Hires
- Relocation activities (travel and lodging)
- Computer Equipment/ Cell Phones/Blackberry
- Office/Move Request
- Employee Record Initiation in HR System
- Engage in routine and complex document preparation.
- File management (eRoom/SharePoint)..
- Contact Management: contact lists and organizational charts. Maintain department org charts and contact telephone lists.
- Clinical Development Team and Clinical Team list updates.
- Critical review and proof of documents.
The successful candidate must have at least a high school diploma (Associates degree preferred),ideally with 5-7 years of administration experience. Additional training/certification is preferred. Must have experience supporting multiple individuals at multiple levels and be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc). Experience with coordinating daily calendars for management, scheduling meetings, coordinating offsite meetings and domestic and international travel, preparing PowerPoint presentations. Must present him/herself in a professional manner, very detail-oriented, and well organized. Demonstration of excellent administrative and organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills and knowledge of J&J Corporate organization/procedures is required. Past demonstration of strong attention to detail and accuracy, maintaining confidentially and professionalism, and the capability of working in a dynamic, fast-paced, multicultural, international environment are required.Primary Location
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function