Merck Research Laboratories South San Francisco, a wholly owned subsidiary of Merck and Co., is focused on driving discovery research. Our new multi-disciplinary discovery research site offers state-of- the-art resources to explore the most promising science combined with Merck's world-class R&D expertise in small molecules and biologics. Located within the heart of the Bay area's biomedical community, research conducted in our new laboratories spans exploratory biology through early clinical development and is an integral part of Merck's powerful world-class network of drug and vaccine discovery.
At Merck, we are inspired by the belief that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to scientific excellence can create medicines and vaccines that save and improve lives. Every employee is building on our proud legacy of scientific breakthrough. Our ability to impact the lives of patients worldwide depends on the integrity, creativity, humility and scientific acumen of our team. We are creating a diverse organization that is inspired by invention and founded on a culture of respect and collaboration. At Merck Research Labs South San Francisco, you'll have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills through collaboration with talented and dedicated colleagues while advancing your career.
Responsibilities for the Senior Administrative Associate include and are not limited to the following:
- General Secretarial/Administrative support duties, including managing calendars, receiving visitors, expense reporting, intranet team sites, organization charts, and processing information through company systems
- Heavy candidate interview scheduling and meeting room support
- Simultaneously coordinate and perform multiple tasks in support of departmental function
- Prioritize activities and balance the support of several senior staff members/departments
- Complete work assignments requiring advanced analytical ability, independent judgment, creativity and problem solving skills.
- Schedule complex, multi-leg and international travel
- Handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Effectively communicate with Merck executives and internal/external clients both on-site and across the Merck network.
- C oordinate special projects and events within the division/area.
- Required: High School Diploma
- Preferred: Advanced education or certifications such as (e.g. Certified Administrative Professional, Project Management Professional Certification, Professional in Human Resources Certification)
- Minimum of (8) years Administrative Assistant experience
- Minimum of (3) years Executive Administrative experience supporting senior executives (Sr. Director, Executive Director, VP or above)
- Advanced computer skills using MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point etc.) and operation of other peripheral devices
- Experience processing: Expense Reports; Purchase Orders and Payment Requests; Vendor Add Forms, as well as the capability to run reports within SAP
- Experience scheduling complex travel arrangements including multi-leg domestic and international travel
- Advanced secretarial/clerical abilities with a history of high performance
- Documented experience as a strong performer in current and past positions
- Ability to handle and prioritize a large number of simultaneous assignments
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Experience with financial and budget tasks
The quality of our team is essential to our success. We are creating a new and innovative approach to rewarding our employees and establishing a comprehensive value proposition. Our competitive compensation program and benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com .
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for us all.