Job Location: Cary, NC
This team is responsible for design, development, installation, customization, optimization, upgrade and support of distribution, deployment, automation, and robotics platforms with a particular focus on BladeLogic and UrbanCode in a large 24x7 global enterprise operational environment. The successful candidate will conduct ongoing research into emerging technology to anticipate and plan for opportunities to take advantage of new and enhanced features and integrations. Also identifies risks and exposures and determines the solutions to rectify and prevent future occurrences.
- Handle the day-to-day administration of BladeLogic, UrbanCode, and their agents both on-premise and in cloud which will include, but not limited to: troubleshooting production issues, participate in application development deployments, build automation and integration between platforms, assist in development lifecycle, space allocation and management, optimization, backup, recovery, monitoring and tuning, capacity planning, standards identification and compliance, ensuring a high-level of reliability and availability for BladeLogic and related platforms.
- Provide a 24x7 on-call escalation path for problems; guide junior associates and off-shore 24x7 team.
- Cross train on other complementary distribution, automation, deployment, and robotics platforms.
- Takes lead role in projects and provides technical expertise for integrating products and technologies across all environments. Leads and participates in incident analysis and provides root cause updates to management.
- Lead efforts to create continuous delivery automation using BladeLogic and UrbanCode to allow for the automated deployment of software and infrastructure environments in self-service and scheduled methods.
- Has responsibility for operations participation in evaluation of new and existing software products and integrations, in partnership with engineering, application development, and vendor teams.
- Provides SME knowledge to projects or initiatives that span enterprise wide.
- 5+ years of experience with administering and supporting BladeLogic Server Automation or IBM UrbanCode or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with Linux, UNIX, or Windows Server environments
- Experience supporting and delivering efficient deployment/distribution automation
- A broad general knowledge of systems, operations, security, network and storage management processes and their interdependencies and implementations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical concepts to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationships and built rapport in order to influence colleagues at all levels, uncover business issues, and identify needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related field, or 10 years equivalent work experience.
- Exposure to Microsoft Azure cloud hosted environments
- Experience with other automation, robotics, distribution, and/or deployment platforms such as Microsoft SCCM, Adaptiva, IPSoft, Blue Prism, CAPS (Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt) stack, etc.
Group Technology & Operations – Enterprise Infrastructure Service Operations
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 54181