Job Location: Cary, NC
A candidate has been identified for this role.
The incumbent is responsible for design, development or installation, customization, optimization, upgrade and support of distribution, deployment, automation, and robotics platforms with a particular focus on Microsoft SCCM and related products in a large 24x7 global enterprise operational environment. The role is within our Enterprise Infrastructure Service Operations team. Conduct ongoing research into emerging technology to anticipate and plan for opportunities to take advantage of new and enhanced features and integrations. Identifies risks and exposures and determines the solutions to rectify and prevent future occurrences. Handle the day-to-day administration of SCCM both on-premise and in cloud.
- Troubleshooting production issues, participate in application development deployments, build automation and integration between platforms, assist in development lifecycle, space allocation and management, optimization, backup, recovery, monitoring and tuning, capacity planning, standards identification and compliance, ensuring a high-level of reliability and availability for SCCM and related platforms.
- Provide a 24x7 on-call escalation path for problems; guide junior associates and off-shore 24x7 team.
- Cross train on other complementary distribution, automation, deployment, and robotics platforms.
- Takes lead role in projects and provides technical expertise for integrating products and technologies across all environments. Leads and participates in incident analysis and provides root cause updates to management.
- Lead efforts to create continuous delivery automation using SCCM to allow for the automated deployment of software in self-service and scheduled methods.
- Has responsibility for operations participation in evaluation of new and existing software products and integrations, in partnership with engineering, application development, and vendor teams.
- Provides SME knowledge to projects or initiatives that span enterprise wide.
- 5+ years of experience with administering and supporting SCCM
- 5+ years of experience with Windows Server environments
- Experience supporting and delivering efficient deployment/distribution automation
- A broad general knowledge of systems, operations, security, network and storage management processes and their interdependencies and implementations
- Preferred (1 / more of the following): Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related field, or 10 years equivalent work experience. Exposure to Microsoft Azure cloud hosted environments. Experience with other automation, robotics, distribution, and/or deployment platforms such as BladeLogic, UrbanCode, Adaptiva, IPSoft, Blue Prism, CAPS (Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt) stack, etc.
Global Technology & Operations – Enterprise Infrastructure Service Operations
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 54221