What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Business Markets (VBM) is strategic business unit within Operations, to serve the wireline communications and networking technology needs of U.S.-based small and medium businesses, and state and local government. The Digital organization within IT will be focused on enabling an eco-system that hones in on digitizing the customer experience through technology with a cloud/mobile first tenet, and analytics to enable new products, directional product bundles, and third party solution – all to enable new revenue streams.
The Digital Team at Verizon is looking for a highly technical, Senior Adobe AEM Developer to help us develop our next generation of digital experience. The Developer will closely collaborate with cross-functional teams to build the next generation of our digital experience. We are looking for a highly technical, hands-on coder who thrives in a fast paced environment. The engineer not only understands coding but also has a strong sense of architecture, deployment and operational skill.
- Rapidly iterate on product and platform features by quickly understanding requirements and producing good quality code.
- Be a subject matter expert by identifying technology trends and platforms (including web and mobile apps) and collaborate with other team members to make recommendations based on the company’s needs.
- Be involved in all stages of development, from product ideation through architecture and execution.
- Help evolve the software development methodology based on agile and lean thinking, including impacting the development of coding conventions, documentation standards, testing procedures and quality assurance.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices.
- Ensure technical issues are quickly resolved and implement strategies and solutions to help reduce the likelihood of reoccurrence.
- Identify competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and provide an assessment of obstacles and technical hurdles to the success of the project.
- Interface with Architects to understand the design skeleton.
- Create the framework for apps, set standards/guidelines.
- Hands-on Coding.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with large scale, high volume E-commerce websites, Responsive design techniques.
- Strong knowledge of Content Management Systems and experience working with Adobe Marketing Cloud tools including Experience Manager and Scene 7.
- Hands on experience with designing and building AEM components and working with JCR, AEM workflows.
- Experience with front end frameworks such as Angular, React, and Bootstrap.
- Strong knowledge of creating REST Web Services. Experience working with both SQL and NonSQL databases.
- Expertise in responsive web design, and cross-browsers compatibility and DevOps environment and working with CI/CD methodologies.
- Exceptionally self-motivated, solid interpersonal skills and a good communicator.
- Extremely detailed oriented, committed to excellence and takes unrelenting pride in the code you write.
- Excellent problem solving skills, willingness to take ownership and risks, and enthusiasm in the face of technical challenges.
- Familiarity with technical requirements of Internet marketing and search engine optimization, information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.