Power Gas Power Systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer - Should Cost
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
This position will be a key member of the Gas Power Systems Supply Chain LifeCycle COE. The COE team is responsible for leading product cost and new product and technology execution strategy across the full product lifecycle. You will calculate should costs for post cast operations such as machining, grinding, welding, coating, cooling holes. Then you will work with sourcing to negotiate improved pricing with external suppliers and work with GE factories to improve their productivity
The team will be the primary hub to integrate engineering, services, product management, sourcing, and manufacturing to drive one strategy and vision for product cost and advanced technology execution.
In addition you will:
• Provide technical guidance and solutions to optimize cost competitiveness, quality excellence, and cycle time leadership across the portfolio
• Serve as an Expert Advanced Manufacturing Engineer in a highly cross-functional environment with engineering, manufacturing, sourcing, product management and suppliers to optimize cost competitiveness and manufacturability
• Ensure design changes are validated, risks are quantified, and cost impacts have been assessed prior to implementation
• Serve as a technical process expert for complex problems across a diverse supply chain partnering with stakeholders to solve business critical issues
• Perform related duties as necessary
• Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related technical discipline from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 8 years experience in engineering and/or supply chain
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a project leadership position within engineering, manufacturing, and/or supply chain
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Knowledge of and experience in cooling hole, machining, grinding, and/or coating manufacturing techniques for the gas turbine portfolio
• Prior experience in related component manufacturing, design engineering, and/or repair processes
• Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Effective at managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines
• Demonstrated strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to manufacture or engineer out cost /cycle and improve product quality / performance
• Ability to work effectively as part of a cross-functional team to drive impactful results
• Technical knowledge and experience in industrial engines and their sub-systems
• Experience with MS Office and related tools
• Prior manufacturing process development and/or relevant engineering experience
• Master's Degree in engineering or related technical discipline from an accredited college or university
• Six Sigma training or equivalent quality training
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.