GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The GE Power Advanced Manufacturing Works (AMW) facility provides leadership across GE's largest industrial business for the development / deployment of advanced manufacturing processes and tools. The Senior Advanced Manufacturing Systems Engineer will lead the design, development, and deployment of advanced manufacturing factory information systems using the latest sensors, control systems, software, and analytics.
As the Senior Advanced Manufacturing Systems Engineer, you will:
• Work with customers to define solution requirements and project success metrics.
• Develop solution approaches and generate project proposals.
• Design technical solutions and lead implementation projects using internal and contracted resources.
• Manage project timelines, budgets, and deliverables.
• Partner and coordinate with a variety of stakeholders including GE Intelligent Platforms, Supply Chain leaders, GE Global Research Center, Product Engineering, GE IT, AMW program leaders to deliver solutions on time and under budget.
• Deliver documentation and training to customers as part of the deployment process.
• Develop and implement long term support plans for solutions developed by the AMW.
• Showcase and communicate Brilliant Factory successes to drive cross-factory, best practices to increase implementation of Brilliant Factory technologies and processes.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or related technical discipline from an accredited college or university with 5 years of experience in automation design and implementation in an industrial setting.
• Demonstrated experience implementing SCADA and MES systems such as GE Intelligent Platforms Proficy Manufacturing Software suite of products.
• Experience with IT and related technologies including programming, servers, operating systems, databases, and networks.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in controls design and implementation in an industrial setting
• Programming experience in software development with Microsoft Visual Studio / Development tools and C# programming.
• Exposure to enterprise level large-scale applications.
• Experience with Business Intelligence Data Reporting & Analysis tools such as Microsoft SSRS, Tableau, Cognos, and Business Objects
• Experience with .NET technologies like WPF, WCF, WF, or Silver light.
• Experience with SQL programming and databases.
• Experience in building client/server applications.
• Experience in multi-threaded applications development
• Demonstrated experience with driving change, execution, and cross-functional leadership.
• Six Sigma Green Belt / Black Belt / Master Black Belt Certification or equivalent quality certification.
• Strong communication and analytical abilities and the capacity to drive continuous improvement
• Strong results working with cross-functional stakeholders to achieve results and influence change
• Strong organization, planning, and project management skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Product knowledge of Power industry
• Strong commitment to quality and processes to enable success
• Master's Degree in Engineering or other advanced degree from an accredited college or university
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: http://bit.ly/geconnections@geconnections
Locations: United States ; South Carolina; Greenville
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.